1.    #1  
    Hi, I've been a dedicated but frustrated Treo user for several years now. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the bad luck I've had. I won't go into my history but will aim my diatribe at the Treo 600's. I purchased a Treo 600 a little over a year ago. After about a two months of gentle use, the screen started to go black. Since I was still under warranty I called Treo and they could not solve the problem so arranged for a "new" Treo 600 to be shipped to me. PalmOne has a (deranged) policy of sending refurbished models which I protested but got no where. My refurbished model held up but, wouldn't you know it, as soon as my warranty expired, the screen went black again! I was a month out of warranty. They would not ship me a new one and they wanted to charge me $179 - no guarantees! I had similar problems with the 300 and 180's. Either screens shorting out of the flip lids breaking off. Mind you, I have a double-padded safety pouch for my Treos plus I keep it in a separate, zippered, protected pocket in my pocketbook. I will never purchase a Treo again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sass Monkey
    Hi, I've been a dedicated but frustrated Treo user for several years now. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the bad luck I've had. I won't go into my history but will aim my diatribe at the Treo 600's. I purchased a Treo 600 a little over a year ago. After about a two months of gentle use, the screen started to go black. Since I was still under warranty I called Treo and they could not solve the problem so arranged for a "new" Treo 600 to be shipped to me. PalmOne has a (deranged) policy of sending refurbished models which I protested but got no where. My refurbished model held up but, wouldn't you know it, as soon as my warranty expired, the screen went black again! I was a month out of warranty. They would not ship me a new one and they wanted to charge me $179 - no guarantees! I had similar problems with the 300 and 180's. Either screens shorting out of the flip lids breaking off. Mind you, I have a double-padded safety pouch for my Treos plus I keep it in a separate, zippered, protected pocket in my pocketbook. I will never purchase a Treo again!
    Why did you not get a warranty through your carrier?
  3.    #3  
    None was available when I first purchased through PalmOne. It was never offered to me. I didn't even know they had extended warranties beyond the initial year. Actually when I went to the PalmOne site they list extended warranties for Tsungen and other devices but not for Treos.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Nice Rant! So where do you plan to go from here?
    Sass Monkey,

Sorry you're having experiencing the same problems over and over.
    I had a Treo 300 with no problems.

I got the Handspring Treo 600 in Oct '03 and had no problems until 2 months ago when the camera with dead. Sprint replaced it under my extended warranty/insurance program ($20-25) and the replacement Treo 600 is just as good as the original.

Perhaps if you list the apps you have loaded, someone here (not me) might be able to detect a conflict that is causing the same problems.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all your responses! Where do I go from here? Well, I using a basic cell phone right now and keeping my eye on a Samsung. The only 3rd party software I loaded onto the 600 was a calorie tracker. I went through the whole battery drain, reset, etc. but the screen was still 3/4's black.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your responses! Where do I go from here? Well, I using a basic cell phone right now and keeping my eye on a Samsung. The only 3rd party software I loaded onto the 600 was a calorie tracker. I went through the whole battery drain, reset, etc. but the screen was still 3/4's black.
    Well the screen sucks on the 600 anyways(sorry 600 owners), I think you should try a 650. The 650's screen is amazing and I have had no real problems except for dropping my first one in the salt water . Some 650s are going for like $179.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Some 650s are going for like $179.
    Where???!!!
    Check to see if your credit card provides an extended warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    Where???!!!
    Well, you have to sign 2-year contract...
    1 | 2