1.    #1  
    I am looking for an application that can merge duplicate entries.
    I have many entries with duplicate names, but the first entry might contain a phone number and the second one an address so I don't want to just delete the second entry.

Are there any apps out there that will do this?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsturtz
    I am looking for an application that can merge duplicate entries.
    I have many entries with duplicate names, but the first entry might contain a phone number and the second one an address so I don't want to just delete the second entry.

Are there any apps out there that will do this?
    1) Did you search? (http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=2391695) 2) What app are you using to to sync with?
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I did a search. UnDupe looks promising, but I don't think it will merge the entries. It looks like it just deletes. I use Palm Desktop at home and Outlook at work.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsturtz
    Yes, I did a search. UnDupe looks promising, but I don't think it will merge the entries. It looks like it just deletes. I use Palm Desktop at home and Outlook at work.
    If you've got certain ones you don't want to delete, I don't think there is going to be a program smart enough to discern which ones you want and the ones you don't want. You might be better off deleting them yourself. By the way how many dupes are we talking about?
  5.    #5  
    I was hoping there is a program that will scan the entries and merge the fields. For example there are 2 entries for Joe Blow. The first entry has his home number and the second entry has his work number. I don't want 2 entries, but I don't want to delete either one. I would like to merge the 2 entries into 1.
    I have many entries like this unfortunately.