1.    #1  
    I have heard people talking about must have apps. And I have been reading over the thread below with great interest, and my list of to buy apps grows much to my wifes dismay.

I was wondering, when you are all talking about voice dialer, is this the application that you mean? http://www.voiceit-tech.com/products.php And are people using the standard or the pro version?

Also, with Pocket Tunes... are most people using Basic, Deluxe, or Essentials?

I'm still toying with my new 650, had it not quite a week and am already loving Zlauncher, DA, Butler, and Uninstall Manager. I have no idea how to use them all to their fullest I am sure, but i am enjoying them none the less.

I mean, the list of apps i have on my list (in no particular order)

Butler: $11.95
    Zlauncher: $19.95
    Ringo: $29.95
    Uninstall Manager: $14.95
    Pac-Man: $14.95
    Pocket Tunes: $14.95 or $29.95 or $61.80
    Splash ID: $18.00
    Treo Alarm: $18.00
    Voice Dialer: $24.95 or $34.95

That comes out to.... $209.60 (if i get the deluxe pocket tunes and pro version of voice dialer.) OUCH!!!
    PT Deluxe for me, but I guess it depends on what features you want...

Butler is good, but I think a little pricey for what it does...I bought it anyway.

Zlauncher is good, but only if you really want those features. There are less expensive alternatives....search palmgear for launchers (if you even need one).

Ringo....I had no luck with it, kept crashing repeatedly, forced me to hard reset once.

Depending on your needs, check out Phone Technician. Avoid Lightwav like the plague.

Uninstall manager....essential.

Pac-Man....there is a freeware version called pacdude...just as good, search for it.

Splash ID...came free with my 650??? There are also cheaper alternatives...search palmgear.

Treo Alarm....never used it, but wow, $18 for an alarm???!!!! I'd say not a chance since there are much cheaper alternatives (including the alarm built into butler!).

Voice Dialer....never used it, can't help you there. I find that I can hit a speed dial in TakePhone (essential, in my opinion) plenty fast, so see no need for voice dial....I guess while driving maybe, but that annoys me too....stop talking on your phone and DRIVE!!!!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    PT Deluxe for me, but I guess it depends on what features you want...
    Most people should just get the Basic version...I find that the streaming quality is way cruddy (and I consistently get 80-100kbps). Personally, I've been using Aeroplayer recently because it has better sound quality. Also, it's free if you have OGG files. So, since I haven't paid for it yet, I'll prolly be converting all my music over shortly (that is if the loss in quality isn't TOO noticeable). My only problem with Aeroplayer is that it doesn't work while Blazer is open...even after it has fully rendered the page. So my solution to that is to buy Xiino. That way I get the best audio player and the best browser available for Palm devices for only $30.

Butler is good, but I think a little pricey for what it does...I bought it anyway.
    Butler is definitely worth every penny. It's the cheapest thing on his list and it provides way more functionality than anything else he's got. (Psst -- make sure you use Butler's Key Launcher!)

Zlauncher is good, but only if you really want those features. There are less expensive alternatives....search palmgear for launchers (if you even need one).
    I'd like to know what launcher provides a better value than ZLauncher. I haven't gotten a launcher yet, but from what I hear...nothing really compares. I'll be getting a launcher in a week or so, but it'll prolly only be for looks.

Ringo....I had no luck with it, kept crashing repeatedly, forced me to hard reset once.

Depending on your needs, check out Phone Technician. Avoid Lightwav like the plague.
    Yup...Ringo sucks. But why don't you like Lightwav?? I've been trying it now for a week or two and like it a lot.

Pac-Man....there is a freeware version called pacdude...just as good, search for it.
    PacDude sucks, the ghosts are too dumb and everytime you exit the game you have to restart it. Oh well -- get LJZ (I haven't gotten it to work yet, and if you can't either...buy NesEm).

Treo Alarm....never used it, but wow, $18 for an alarm???!!!! I'd say not a chance since there are much cheaper alternatives (including the alarm built into butler!).
    I liked the built-in weather function that's displayed when the alarm goes off. BigClock has an alarm function, but I don't think that it works when the Keyguard is on.

Voice Dialer....never used it, can't help you there. I find that I can hit a speed dial in TakePhone (essential, in my opinion) plenty fast, so see no need for voice dial....I guess while driving maybe, but that annoys me too....stop talking on your phone and DRIVE!!!!
    When keeping both eyes on the road...and keeping both hands on the wheel...you'll prolly wanna keep all brainpower focused on the same thing the rest of your body is doing. But no...I haven't used voice dialing software for longer than 5 minutes, if that's what you're asking.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the input.

As far as the treo alarm app goes, I dont know if its freeware with the "if you like it, please donate $18 to register" or if its a 30 day shareware setup like Zlauncher and Uninstall Manager.

I had read alot of people talking about Ringo and assumed that was the way to go. The two things or three perhaps that I really want to be able to do is... 1) Assign specific ringers to specific contacts. 2) Assign people to groups and have the whole group have a specific ringtone/mp3. 3) I cant remember three, so it must have just been two...

I will be using my treo in the car so some type of Voice dialing software would be a must have for me. I have no idea what the best is or really what my options are other then the one mentioned above. Hence my post.

Hopefully the input will keep on coming though. This forum has been very informative thus far.