Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone out there using a Verizon Treo 650 NOT getting a random reboot here or there? Is it "normal" to get a reboot once a week? Twice a week? It seems to happen to me most when using Blazer. So what do you say, how many reboots is normal?
  2. #2  
    maybe once a month
    Treoing & Loving it
  3. #3  
    Personally I say the answer is NONE. I'm a Sprint customer (since you specified Verison I thought I'd mention that) but I haven't had a reset in a very long time. When I was getting them fairly frequently I got rid of whatever software was causing the problem until I had a stable Treo.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
  4. #4  
    Agreed, resets should not happen unless you are using poorly written software.

    My phone resets maybe once every 3 months.
  5. jrider's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #5  
    I would say I get 1 or 2 a week. But I know what causes it, but can't get rid of it! It's the LJP Emulator. I love to play my Nintendo and Sega games. Every once in a while, when I exit the program, I'll get a reset. But it's a small price to pay to be able to play Contra in my down time. UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A B A .
  6. #6  
    Yea 0 is the correct number.

    I used to get them now and then with an old version of Pocket Tunes that had an issue they have since fixed.

    Outside of 3rd party software there might be a web site out there that causes it in Blazer but that's about all. I got rid of anything causing issues and things have been running smooth since. But to play Contra again is very tempting .
  7. #7  
    Zero is the correct answer. Anything over that is not normal.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  8. #8  
    It seem mine resets when signal is lost. It happens ~ 5 times/week. Is this a CNG FW issue?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  9. #9  
    I just went through a week where I averaged 5 reboots a day! What a nightmare! So I took it upon myself to keep my SD card out of the phone unless needed! Not a single reboot in days now. Whatever 3rd party app that was causing this is obviously on the card? Or maybe its the card itself. Whatever the case--it works great now!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    I would say I get 1 or 2 a week. But I know what causes it, but can't get rid of it! It's the LJP Emulator. I love to play my Nintendo and Sega games. Every once in a while, when I exit the program, I'll get a reset. But it's a small price to pay to be able to play Contra in my down time. UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A B A .
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, JRIDER!!! I was trying to get this to work on my Treo...but no go.

    It ends up that I was trying LJZ instead of LJP. It kept saying that a Tapwave device was required, but somebody in these threads had recommended LJZ so I thought it MUST work.

    Awesome.....Super Contra, here I come!!
  11. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by deanandbek
    I just went through a week where I averaged 5 reboots a day! What a nightmare! So I took it upon myself to keep my SD card out of the phone unless needed! Not a single reboot in days now. Whatever 3rd party app that was causing this is obviously on the card? Or maybe its the card itself. Whatever the case--it works great now!
    This should not happen. Try to reformat the card and, with nothing on it, put it back in and let us know if you experience boot up problems. My Sandisk Ultra II 2 GB SD card hasn't caused any problem.

    Not keeping an SD card in the Treo is not an alternative for me. First, I have a zcover case which covers the SD card and it is great because it never pops out for it to get lost. Removing the top of the case by yanking the skin off is almost as painful as yanking off the whole case to perform a hard reset.

    Another reason why I find not keeping the SC card in the 650 is because many important apps are on the card because there is too little RAM in the 650 to hold them. If you forget your card you lose the apps. Let's see what we can do to get you back to normal operation.
  12. #12  
    I have four to 10 resets daily, mainly when i get text messages and I select go to to go to the message, I only have ringo installed other than the routine programs that came with the 650, I have tried everything, recently updated from the cnb software upto the unlocked gsm 1.28 still no relief, overall I really like the treo, however starting to wish I would have gone with the 02 or the new mpx, Does anyone have any other suggestions.....
  13. #13  
    Wipe it clean and try adding one app you use a lot. Use it for a little bit, then add another. Till you figure out what is causing the problem.

    You can also enter ##377 in the phone and see what may have caused your last reboot.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Wipe it clean and try adding one app you use a lot. Use it for a little bit, then add another. Till you figure out what is causing the problem.

    You can also enter ##377 in the phone and see what may have caused your last reboot.
    Darnell isnt it #* 377 not ##377.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

    ----
    JK
  15. #15  
    If its Sprint, Darnell is correct
    Last edited by scandalex; 07/24/2005 at 12:30 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  16. #16  
    I just re-tried it ## does nothing for me. #*377 brings up the log. If im wrong i'm sorry Darnell. All i went by is what my phone is doing.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

    ----
    JK
  17. #17  
    10-12 resets a day. Goodlink on the phone. I struggle daily and hate it because currently there is np other alternative that does what this does (when it all works), and I rely on it. Always the same: Memory full issues, and I have no other 3rd party software. As soon as something else comes out I will buy it. I never want to own a Palm phone again.
  18. #18  
    2-4 per month. My phone application is nearly always the demon : (
    To those who say 0, that will only occur if you never take it out of the box
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorTDCJ
    I have four to 10 resets daily, mainly when i get text messages and I select go to to go to the message, I only have ringo installed other than the routine programs that came with the 650, .....
    Have you tried it WITHOUT ringo???

    You need to hard reset the device and try it clean. Truly clean. Not with one or two apps only, but wiped clean. If it still resets when you get a text message, then you have a bad phone and need it replaced. You can try the latest official updates from your provider, and if those dont work, call them and get the to replace it.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    2-4 per month. My phone application is nearly always the demon : (
    To those who say 0, that will only occur if you never take it out of the box
    I know it seems that way from reading the boards, but I can assure you the Treo works fine when its clean unless there is a hardware related malfunction. Even with my extensive list of applications, I only experience very rare resets, and its mainly because I use a couple of beta applications that are known to cause these type of problems. I use CrashPro to keep track of resets and crashes, and that app has been very bored.

    If you only have 2-4 resets per month, that is a lot harder to troubleshoot. The fact that the Phone app is reported as causing the reset doesnt mean there is something else actually causing it. You should update your phone to the latest official firmware your carrier provides, and use the phone clean for a month. If you still experience the 2-4 resets, then there is something else going on.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions