Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm with Sprint (as scandalex mentioned), so I can't speak for others. ##377 is what I use. And next week it will be a full 2 months since my last reboot .
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    My phone never resets but freezes once every week and it always happens when the phone is sitting idle for a period of time. I have 1.28 FW custom Rom # 2 with nothing added to it. I have 19 MB free Ram and the following applications. I had this issue even before I upgraded to the new ROM.
    Pocket Tunes 3.0.6 Basic
    SlondRec 1.051
    1 GB KingMax SD Card (MP3s only). 22 MB Free.

Any suggestions much appriciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    2-4 per month. My phone application is nearly always the demon : (
    To those who say 0, that will only occur if you never take it out of the box
    Absolutely not the case! I use my treo all the time: Phone; I use DocstoGo a lot; I read books constantly (eReader); games; BT GPS when in my car; you name it.

Haven't had a reset in forever. Pick the right software and ditch anything that makes your Treo unstable. Why put up with crap software?

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Yea 0 is the correct number.

I used to get them now and then with an old version of Pocket Tunes that had an issue they have since fixed.

Outside of 3rd party software there might be a web site out there that causes it in Blazer but that's about all. I got rid of anything causing issues and things have been running smooth since. But to play Contra again is very tempting .
    Darnell,
    What version of Pocket Tunes was giving you problems and what version of Pocket Tunes are you using now which you are happy with?
    ^ I saw your post about your problems and was about to respond to that, then I saw this 2nd post. I would not testify to this in court because I'm not certain which version started working best for me, but I'm thinking it was around 3.0.9. Everything since then has not had reboot issues. At 3.0.6 you are pretty far back and should upgrade to the latest 3.11. That has been working fine for everyone. I've always used the Deluxe version because I brought it back when they were trying to get customers and with Deluxe licenses they were giving away free lifetime upgrades . Oh how I wish I had done the same with Snappermail before they cut out the "free upgrades for life" deal .

(With Snappermail I thought something I might like better would come along soon....I'm still waiting for that day .)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    My phone never resets but freezes once every week and it always happens when the phone is sitting idle for a period of time. I have 1.28 FW custom Rom # 2 with nothing added to it. I have 19 MB free Ram and the following applications. I had this issue even before I upgraded to the new ROM.
    Pocket Tunes 3.0.6 Basic
    SlondRec 1.051
    1 GB KingMax SD Card (MP3s only). 22 MB Free.

Any suggestions much appriciated.
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but you need to hard reset your device and try without ANYTHING on it, not POcketTune, not SlondRec, nothing. If it STILL resets, then you have at least eliminated 3rd party software as the culprit. It could be the SIM card or the phone itself, and I would call your carrier and get it exchanged.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    For people getting zero, how many are using DBcache?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but you need to hard reset your device and try without ANYTHING on it, not POcketTune, not SlondRec, nothing. If it STILL resets, then you have at least eliminated 3rd party software as the culprit. It could be the SIM card or the phone itself, and I would call your carrier and get it exchanged.
    and if it is not caused by a 3rd party app, do I need to replace the phone or the SIM card? BTW, my phone never resets. It just slows down to a hault and the only remedy would be a manual soft reset. This happens about once every week.
    For those getting zero, please answer the following :

1 )What backup software do you use?
    2 )Do you use Jot,text plus and clippro?
    3)Do you use big applications such as documents to go, spread sheet or village Sim?

4) What's your current dbcache level?
  10.    #30  
    Well, I guess I'm returning my second phone then. After reading on here that you should not load any apps until being sure the phone works, I used my second 650 with only the stock apps. My Blazer crashed a few times and there were other random reboots. Then not wanting to wait anymore, after about a week I installed VersaMail. I figured since this is made by Palm, it should be ok. The first time I went to check mail it crashed and rebooted. Also, I was on I-95 in Maine today and my wife's old StarTac had 5 bars where I had ZERO! She was happily making calls with 5 bars and I had no service. What a joke! So I should return this second phone, right??? How many people have returned multiple 650s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    and if it is not caused by a 3rd party app, do I need to replace the phone or the SIM card? BTW, my phone never resets. It just slows down to a hault and the only remedy would be a manual soft reset. This happens about once every week.
    You can try swapping the SIM card, it can't hurt. Also, make sure you have the latest official firmware installed (check the Palm support site). If those two dont have any effect, I would exchange that phone. You can call Cingular support, tell them what is happening, and tell them you are using the phone clean with no apps.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    For those getting zero, please answer the following :

1 )What backup software do you use?
    2 )Do you use Jot,text plus and clippro?
    3)Do you use big applications such as documents to go, spread sheet or village Sim?

4) What's your current dbcache level?
    1. BackupBuddy VFS
    2. No, no and no. I use TealScript, TreoSelectText and a whole bunch of other stuff (check the link on my sig).
    3. I use DocsToGo, ChatterMail, eReader and more.
    4. I have no idea. Never checked it.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    Well, I guess I'm returning my second phone then. ... Also, I was on I-95 in Maine today and my wife's old StarTac had 5 bars where I had ZERO! She was happily making calls with 5 bars and I had no service. What a joke! So I should return this second phone, right??? How many people have returned multiple 650s?
    There are several folks here that have returned multiple 650s. Assuming you have a GSM phone, what kind of SIM card do you have (32K or 64K)? The phone should work fine clean. If it doesnt, then anything else you do will be pointless - if the Treo cannot perform the basic function it was designed to do, you are better off with a Nokia phone and a Tungsten T5. Having a bad Treo (or 2 or 3) out of the box is not unheard of. Rare, but not unheard of.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    I'm with Sprint (as scandalex mentioned), so I can't speak for others. ##377 is what I use. And next week it will be a full 2 months since my last reboot .
    Sorry Darnell i didn't see where scandalex said the "if he is sprint". I guess i skipped that part . Woops.

I would like to have 0 reboots, but i usally get one once evey few days. Im slowly working out programs are making it reboot though, with the help of TC and alot of sleepless hours.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    I get several per day. I'm frustrated with them. I've done complete installs wiping every trace of palm software off my computer and treo. I've installed the treo cd more times than I can count. I use only software recommended on this board. I can't seem to pin it down. Sometimes I've gotten resets with nothing installed just using VersaMail. I have the latest vs. firmware and use Sprint. I have the current vs. of the following software installed. Anyone see something that should go?

Ultrasoft Money
    Docs to Go Premium Upgrade
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    My Bible Deluxe
    Voice Signal
    Mobile TS
    PdaNet
    VeriChat
    Bob's Alarm
    Keyboard Lights Out
    BackupBuddyVFS
    Uninstall Manager
    mSafe
    mVoice
    SplashID
    LED Off
    BugMe Notepad
    Chatter (I have the beta but I still got resets for two weeks even before I installed it and I can't seem to funtion without it)
    Card Export II
    DateBK5
    Handmark Express
    Audible
    Dataviz Tech Tool

My guess is that Express might be the main problem. I get a lot of resets using it.

Thanks
    My phone resets everyday at 3am ...I am not sure why but its frustrating,,,if it is a program causing this ...I can not figure out which one it is ....I also get about one to two others throughout the course of the day.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Really that is the best advice for anyone having issues.

It was the best advice in the T300 and T600 days and it still is with the T650.

All the other discussion is talk that has been had before and still the best solution has been given above.
    The only resets I get right now (regularly) are from Versamail. When I highlight many messages and hit "delete," the phone resets. I have messages from over a month ago on it for that reason, and I can't delete them. Not even immediately after a reset. I use DBCache Tool also. And only in my added SPAM folder...go figure.

Sometimes I do get other resets, but now they are few and far between. DirAssist resets the phone everytime I try and open it now, so I had to remove it. But that only started a week ago. Boggles me, but I've come to realize that the unexplained may happen from time to time. That program used to work flawlessly...
    And What do you do when you get a constant loop that won't reset? This is the worst product/customer service experience I have ever had. My Treo is defective and completely useless. Cingular has an illegal and abusive exchange policy, and because I have Cingular, Palm One won't honor my warranty.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmclapp
    And What do you do when you get a constant loop that won't reset? This is the worst product/customer service experience I have ever had. My Treo is defective and completely useless. Cingular has an illegal and abusive exchange policy, and because I have Cingular, Palm One won't honor my warranty.
    Why is cingular's exchange so bad, what do they want your first born or something?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast