1.    #1  
    Treo Central lists 2 different BT keyboards. Anyone have an opinion on which is better? Or comments on the differences between them?

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/14-42.htm
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'd recommend the Palm universal IR keyboard. IR uses less battery and is legal for use on airplanes.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I've got the IR as well...

Heh...I had NO IDEA that bluetooth usage wasn't allowed on airplanes.
    The Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard and Sprint's 1.12 ROM do not play well together. There are several of us that posted in another thread that after the 1.12 update the keyboard became "possessed". To my knowledge, a solution has not been found.
    I dont think it has much to do with the update. Many people on T|C talk about the keyboards. Some think that there is only one. Before the Palm Universal Keyboard, there was the Palm Wireless Keyboard. PUK and PWK are slightly different in relation to where the IR is in the upright position. PUK is to the left and PWK is towards the right.

When I speak of my keyboard not working with the 650, I am speaking of the 1st one, the Palm Wireless Keyboard. It worked fine with my 600 and has NEVER worked with the 650.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    The Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard and Sprint's 1.12 ROM do not play well together. There are several of us that posted in another thread that after the 1.12 update the keyboard became "possessed". To my knowledge, a solution has not been found.
    "possessed"...wow. strong words. what happens? keystrokes don't register or they come out in foreign tongues?

I haven't tried mine since the update. I'll have to see what happens.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I wouldn't buy a wireless keyboard for several reasons:
    (1) Needless uses up juice for the wireless connection
    (2) The device practically sits on the keyboard for easy viewing so it's more preferable it stay still rather than shifting all over the place.

One negative: Palm keeps changing the damn connectors, including the "universal" connector. Expect to buy all new accessories if they are specific.