1.    #1  
    I have my 650 plugged in USB.

I have a movie that is aprox 300 meg that I want to sync to my 1 gig card.

I had it on there before with "card export" - but my trial ran out.....

Everytime I try to sync it - the sync takes FOREVER then it fails saying it lost communication with the computer - if there is no big file -everything syncs file .......

I guess my question is - how are you guys syncing big files because apprantly palm desktop doesnt work

TIA
    Don't sync, use a card reader, if you don't own one go buy one, there are even small sdcard only readers that are roughly a little larger than a thumbdrive. A card reader will make everything a lot faster and smoother when it comes to doing near anything on your sdcard. A card reader would move your file over in about a minute.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

3.    #3  
    yeah .. I was afraid I might have to do that ... it was time to anyway - I was complaining to my buddy just last night how - long/hard it is syncing big stuff.

once I have a card reader though and I put the movie on the card - wont it try to sync it back to the computer the next time I hot sync ?
    The only folder I can think of to watch out for on the sdcard is the dcim folder, outside of that hotsync will leave it alone. Like I keep all my movies a folder aptly labled "movies" and I don't have any problems with hotsync trying to back it up.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

A card reader would move your file over in about a minute.
    I've been wondering about these transfer speeds. I have a built in card reader on my notebook and it takes forever to transfer. I average about 120KB/s. The card claims to be 50X, but it was cheap. Is this normal?
    Not that I've noticed, I have a jumpdrive trio sdcard reader and while I don't have exact numbers I have restored the entire contents of my 512mb card in what couldn't have been more than 2 minutes.

Wow my set up sucks. 512MB for me would take well over 20min. I wonder why it's so slow.
    Well it could be the card reader, the sdcard, or simply windows itself. Try using palm file browser and seeing if that's any faster, if it is the card reader would probably be to blame

9.    #9  
    ...bought a $20 card reader from Cicuirt city

reads SD/MMC/MS/xD

WORKS GREAT !!!

thanks for the advice