Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Westtronic I am refering to the Bluetooth Manager in the Sprint Update that has the option "Allow Wakeup".
  2.    #42  
    gOthlike,

I do not have sprint so i cant install the update to try it out, but i did download the 1.12 custom rom from shadowmites's website. In the bluetooth manager and under options i DIDN'T find the "Allow Wakeup" function as you desribed. I will have to find a offical unaltered rom to see if its in there.

Are you sure it was in 1.12 by default or did they have a special overlay insalled?
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Johnnytk36,

I couldn't tell you, I am a novice Treo user, I did do a search on the forum for "Allow Wakeup" and it might be an older Sprint version, but it seems it was disabled to save power. That option allows bluetooth devices such as car kits, headset to wakeup the treo.

But I feel that the Sprint 1.12 BT Manager is superior in some way that it allows BT connections to wakeup the Treo somehow.

Here is the Sprint update:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I must say this is the best thing done to my phone which I think has solved two of my problems.
    I have selected the second Cingular network and have kept it at that and keeping the radio on.
    I have not experienced any more freezes or slow downs.
    I am getting 3 to 4 bars at home Used to be 2 at best), Full bar at work (used to be 3 at best) and I haven't been noticing any more light ups.
    I just upgraded to 1.15. Can't get the app to install. Palm install program says it can not install file. I see a copy of the same file in my ROM. Should this be there? I regret upgrading if I can not get my "network select" back. Please help.
    Thanks,
    DH
    Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter
    I just upgraded to 1.15. Can't get the app to install. Palm install program says it can not install file. I see a copy of the same file in my ROM. Should this be there? I regret upgrading if I can not get my "network select" back. Please help.
    Thanks,
    DH
    Install to SD Card first. Then copy to RAM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Cingular 1.15 update, installed the phone..prc to card, moved it to ROM. Where should I be able to change the network? Don't see a menu selection in phone app to do so, greyed out or otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by temoore
    Cingular 1.15 update, installed the phone..prc to card, moved it to ROM. Where should I be able to change the network? Don't see a menu selection in phone app to do so, greyed out or otherwise?
    Look under Options|Select Network
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Look under Options|Select Network
    Installed PRC to ROM, options does not have a select network function. I have an old SIM, would that make a difference?
    Installed PRC to ROM, options does not have a select network function. I have an old SIM, would that make a difference?
    I don't think so, but I can't say for sure, I guess. You do see other choices under Option like "General Preferences," "Sound Preferences" and Call Barring," right?
  11.    #51  
    You installed it to rom??
    Did you make a custom rom?

1.) All you have to do is download the prc for your software/firmware version of your phone and then you put it on a sd card.
    2.) After that you copy it to the RAM.
    3.)Power cycle your phone and you are good to go.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Not sure if this means anything to anyone else here, but I just installed the network select app. I am in Mexico. It correctly shows both networks - TelCel and Movistar. Now if they could just keep the network up (either one), I could actually use the phone for more than 5 minutes at a time. I think the problem is the connection between Cingular and the Mexican networks that is maintained by Cingular since both networks seem to go up and down.
    Got it to work with 1.31-1.15 following exact procedures in post#21. I had previously gotten it to work just using the Palm install tool for 1.28-1.13 which was throwing me for a loop with the new Cing firmware. THANK YOU.
    Got it to work by using a file manager called 3xcom (its free). I just installed it to my mem card then used 3xcom to copy it to ram and it worked without a reset.

So I see two cingular networks. Should I put it on automatic mode for best results, or just try the second one if I'm having trouble with reception?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    Got it to work by using a file manager called 3xcom (its free). I just installed it to my mem card then used 3xcom to copy it to ram and it worked without a reset.

So I see two cingular networks. Should I put it on automatic mode for best results, or just try the second one if I'm having trouble with reception?

Works exactly as he said above.
    Worked for me. Awesome! It would be nice if we could connect to that third network somehow (if it is even useful- i.e. the two other have low signal). Good job to those involved...
    Seems to work fine with 1.13 ROW software and 1.31 firmware also on Unlocked GSM on Cingular.
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
    Great Job, Guys!! Thanks. I never get reception at work, so now I can hunt for better signal. Newbie question though: Is the network list prioritize based on signal strength, or on name (ID)? Thanks.
    -------------
    NUKE
    T650 - FW 1.31, SW 1.15G
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Ok, which phone dialpad overlay do I use with a 1.13/1.31 combo? unlocked gsm
    I used the one in the first post not the 1.15
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast