Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Okay I was getting on a plane this AM from LA to Columbus so I had to post a quick way to load the original Rom. My flight in Atlanta to Columbus is delayed so I have time to post how to do it from your Treo.

1. this is for the Cingular branded phone that I got Cing to unlock last week. My T650 has 1.13 & 1.28 updates on it. It is a"Cingular" branded Treo.

2. You need Filez and can find it here on the forums. After loading FileZ go to step three.

3. Download the file from your treo.

4. It will ask you to save it to your SD card. (you should have an SD card in your slot) Click yes.

5. after it is saved on your Sd card
    go to FileZ and in the upper left corner of FileZ is a down arrow called Palm card. Click on the down arrow and go to card NOT "Palm Card" but card.

6. Touch the view and edit files.

7. you will see a bunch of files listed click on palm.

8. you will now see more files listed. Click on Blazer.

9. you will see more files listed. Click on download. click on that file.

10. you will see a file listed called "attachment.php" highlight that file since it won't let you open it.

11. Then go to your upper left menu key and click on copy.

12. Then it will ask you what destination. You choose "Palmcard".

After it copies it to your ram exit out of Filez and do a soft reset.

Remember this is only for the Cing branded T650 with 1.13 and 1.28 loaded and unlocked. It may work for other firmware Cings or GSM's.

Enjoy. keep a copy of it on your SD card so that if you don't use Backupman and need to do a hard reset it will be there for future use.

DRINK A COLD ONE TONIGHT FOR THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS OF TREO CENTRAL!!!!!
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    Sweet! It was the attachment.php that was messing me up. I didn't even have to reset! It works like a charm!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    For the confused and tired...which file in this thread do I want to DL to my card and copy over with Filez? I have 1.28 unlocked Cing. Thanks.
  4.    #24  
    1.) You want to download the file at the bottom of the first post.http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...28&postcount=1

(This file is for software version 1.13 row only. There have been reports of problems installing this on cingualr software/firmware. (If you have the cingular software/firmware there is a update further up in this thread and alos in the orginal thread))

2.) Then copy the file to the ram.
    3.) Power cycle the phone and you are good to go.
    Last edited by johnnytk36; 07/22/2005 at 05:21 PM.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
  5. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Good job... this gives me another option in case Cingular flakes out
    I am running the original 1.05. I had to have my phone exchanged and I received one of the newer ones (with the solid speaker icon) so I have left it alone. It has given me know real ugly issues like my other one, but I would like to get other towers.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Thanks!!
    this works great, no problems here on install.

I only see 3 Cingular's listed though...is that normal?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  9.    #29  
    It is normal, fom what i can gather. The first is a Cingular orange tower, the second a Cingular blue. The last is a T-mobile tower. You probley won't be able to connect to it though.

----
    JK
  10.    #30  
    Here is the phone_enus.prc that enables "select network" file for cingualr 1.15.

HAVE FUN
    Attached Files Attached Files

----
    JK
    Hi guys, not familiar with this so just asking the question...what is the benefit of adding this? Does it allow the phone to register with more networks so that it will go for the tower with the strongest signal rather than being limited to one network?
    Treo 650 with 1 GB SD card!
    http://www.rkuo.com
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    haha thanks johnny, I might just go back to cingular fw now!

Thanks
    thanks, I just loaded it with my newly updated cingular 1.15. select network works great!
    can someone put up a more detailed installation guide? with pics maybe?

i don't know if i did it right, i emailed the Phone_enUS.prc to myself and copied it from SD into RAM. Now i have two Phone_enUS.prc in ram, is that normal?

anyways I see the network select menu at least.
    Last edited by kofman; 07/25/2005 at 11:18 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kofman
    can someone put up a more detailed installation guide? with pics maybe?

i don't know if i did it right, i emailed the Phone_enUS.prc to myself and copied it from SD into RAM. Now i have two Phone_enUS.prc in ram, is that normal?

anyways I see the network select menu at least.

Once my phone is stable i will post pics. Im visiting my brother and touring a college so im busy till tuesday. Right now im watching "Dark Angle" both seasons, so it won't be tonight .

You did it right though. All you have to do is but that file into ram for it to show up.

----
    JK
    thanks johnny and great job on the hack. I'm sure it will come in handy.
    Hey Guys,

Good job on the hacks. If I knew how to do it, I wouldn't be asking the following:

Can someone Hack the GSM Cingular Bluetooth manager so that under the options menu the "Allow Wakeup" option is working.

G0THIKE
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by g0thike
    Hey Guys,

Good job on the hacks. If I knew how to do it, I wouldn't be asking the following:

Can someone Hack the GSM Cingular Bluetooth manager so that under the options menu the "Allow Wakeup" option is working.

G0THIKE
    I think i can, do you know of a rom that has this enabled so i can find out the id of the resources i need to link to.

A link to the rom will be very helpfull.

----
    JK
    Johnnytk 36

The Sprint update 1.12 allowed Sprint users that option. People like me that have a Parrot car kit and other bluetooth devices have them working OK instead of perfect.

I think that Cingular just disable that features sorta like DUN which I have a patch from Dr Wowe.

So the "Allow Wakeup" might be dorment.

If you could patch it to work with the new 1.15 Cingular Update that would be awesome and many GSM users will appreciate it.

G0THIKE
    Cingular User
    Quote Originally Posted by g0thike
    Johnnytk 36 ...If you could patch it to work with the new 1.15 Cingular Update that would be awesome and many GSM users will appreciate it.

G0THIKE
    Cingular User
    See post number 30 of this thread.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast