1.    #1  
    I just bought a treo 650 from cingular. Sprint's data rate was much more appealing, however, I get better coverage with cingular. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that Cingular doesn't offer wireless insurance. I take very good care of my "electronics" but I feel uneasy that if something were to happen (stolen, etc.) after my trial period, I would have to fork out another $400 to get another one. I read posts about people getting a personal articles policy, however, State Farm agents have not returned my call after I inform them that I am looking just for a personal articles policy and nothing more... anyone else have cingular Treo's with insurance advice or could convince me to keep it??? I really like the treo but am having second thoughts. With great care, what is the average life span I can expect from my treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by husef9926
    I read posts about people getting a personal articles policy, however, State Farm agents have not returned my call after I inform them that I am looking just for a personal articles policy and nothing more...

Why are you calling "just for a personal articles policy"? Call the agent you have your homeowners insurance with and add the phone. That will be the easiest way to get insurance for it. If they won't add it, call someone who will and get the entire homeowners policy from them and cancel your other policy. You will get a pro-rated refund.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    SPCS has their problems, to be sure, but I absolutely love my local Sprint store. Those guys in there will practically go to the ends of the Earth for a Treo user, and I'm not sure why...

I've had two T650's, the first one only for about a month, and this latest one for just a couple of weeks. My first one I think had some weird problems and might have been a lemon from the start (dropped calls, bad reception, seemed kind of "loose" to me). This one is so far working much better, but I've found that you might get to know your SPCS/Cingular/Verizon/whatever store employees very well if you're anything like me. Of course, my Sprint Store people know me because I'll drop in for the most inane of questions.

"Uhhh, yeah, I lost my T650 install disk, do you guys have another? I don't really want to have to order one."

"Yeah, we got one in the back. Just a sec..."

Yeah, those guys ROCK.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFireX
    SPCS has their problems, to be sure, but I absolutely love my local Sprint store.

Yeah, those guys ROCK.
    I agree. The techs in the 42nd St Sprint store have always been helpful when I needed support. As far as whether to get insurance, everyone's experience is different, but I've had a Treo 300, 600 (and now, the 650) replaced once each.