Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I just said goodbye to my MP3s, but oddly enough, they are still playing. Why is this?

What a complete waste of time and a worthless thread. I want those 3 minutes of my life back that I spent reading this.

Juice, do you also complain that when you go to **** you have to sit down. You must be a woman to nit-pick a non-issue like this and then parade it around as if the sky were falling.
    Well... I posted here about resoldering the 2.5 jack. It's cold soldered ... so it's a part that will fail early. I'm still looking for a replacement jack part --- someone must stock it. It looks fairly standard...
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I just said goodbye to my MP3s, but oddly enough, they are still playing. Why is this?

What a complete waste of time and a worthless thread. I want those 3 minutes of my life back that I spent reading this.

Juice, do you also complain that when you go to **** you have to sit down. You must be a woman to nit-pick a non-issue like this and then parade it around as if the sky were falling.
    Dropped in to see what the fuss was about... should have known worthless evilhost would be here complaining about complainers. You must be a miserable plonker.

Why donít you show us those cheap toys you play with again? I think you call them guns.
    If the treo had a 3.5mm socket, who makes a wired headset & mic that you can make & receive calls that is readily available?
    Am I the only one who sees the obvious answer here? If you're that concerned about the quality of audio coming out of your Treo, buy a nice set of headphones and replace the 3.5m jack with a 2.5mm jack. If you have any ability to solder, its a complete piece of cake.

Heck, my Sennheiser headphones have a headset cable that not only plugs into the device (such as a Treo or iPod), but also plugs into the phones themselves (via 2.5mm oddly enough). This means you could even have a different cord for different uses if you wanted to.

The 2.5mm end costs about $4. I know its a lot to ask...

I use Palm headphones I got back with my Treo 600. I run five miles two or three times a week with my Treo as my MP3 player. Its also nice to have my phone with me in case I wuss out at three miles and can call my wife to come get me. It hasn't happened yet, but gimme time. Been using it like this since November with no problems.

When I hold my Treo as I'm running, I run the headphone cord up the side of the Treo between my hand and the phone for some natural strain relief. I'm not worried about wearing out the jack, I just don't feel like yanking my phones out while running.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I play mp3's on the speakerphone, sometimes from memory card, sometimes streamed over BlueTooth connection from my home network.
    How do you stream over bluetooth? I am looking for a way to play my MP3s in my PC without copying them to the SD card. Streaming via bluetooth seems to be the answer
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I read this whole thread and I'm still puzzled about something.
    Has any body that has not used any 3.5 adapters (Just using the standard 2.5 headset straight into the jack) had any problems with the jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by hood7
    Palm's choice to use the 2.5 jack is frustrating, to be sure. I went through 3 adapters, but eventually the static/crackles would come back. Eventually it was totally static/crackles, and I took it in to a Sprint store and they replaced my Treo because of it (glad I had the Sprint insurance/replacement service).

Sometimes being different is cool. But with tech accessories (like headphones), it makes MUCH more sense to use the standard connections. And it's not like Palm has come out with a bunch of great hifi 2.5 headphones for Treo users to buy. Seems like a wasted opportunity to make some cheesy $$.

I really hope Palm wises up and goes with the standard 3.5 jack in the next Treo version.
    It was your warranty that replaced your Treo 650 at the sprint store. You would have had to pay the $50.00 deductible if you used your insurance. Insurance covers lost or damaged phones, it is not service protection per se, especiialy when the phone is still under the 1 year warranty.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    I read this whole thread and I'm still puzzled about something.
    Has any body that has not used any 3.5 adapters (Just using the standard 2.5 headset straight into the jack) had any problems with the jack?
    I've been using these MiniBuds for a solid month with no problems.
    I recently bought some 2.5mm proporta headphones which the cables rewind like the rewindable travel chargers. They are great and I have never had any problems when using a 3.5mm adaptor either.

Remember that 2.5mm socket is the standard for phones, which, I guess, the Treo is!
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    You need this:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...12-45--337.htm
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/337.jpg

Those godforsaken radio shack adapters are destroying more treos than I can count. Just puts too much stress on the jack. I'm on my second treo because of that. The adapter above puts virtually no stress on the unit.

-BT
    Expidia: It's the 45 degree right angle that puts stress on the Treo's 2.5 socket. Same for the OEM right angle connector which is constantly moving because it is an angle.

Anyone know of a site to purchase a straight 3.5 to 2.5 converter?
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    I love my Treo!! It's exactly what *I* expected. I counted the days before it was released. When my father bought the Treo 270, it didn't have enough bells and whistles for the price. Once the 600 came out, it still was missing some major conveniences like Bluetooth which I had on my Sony Ericsson T68i at the time. I said I would buy it when it came out with BT. Once I heard the 650 had that, a faster processor, bigger keys, etc., I was ready to buy it.

Some have questioned it's digital player quality, whether it's a PDA or phone first, etc. Like most things, it all depends on what YOU want it do for YOU. If you're a music lover, the Treo 650 is NOT a digital music player. It has that component, but thats not its main function like an iPod. For all the bells and whistles it has, the 650 works the way it was designed for the person who wants an All-in-one phone. I bought the Palm hybrid headset, and its ok for what its worth, but I do want to get an adapter to use headphones that take advantage of the bass in some music.

Other than that, all of the other goodies are good for what its worth in a "palm-sized" computer.
  13. cng
    My Treo isnt even a phone to me. I would hate for me to find the problems when I get my PalmOne adapter. Waste of my Sony MDR-EX51 SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by danachee
    Honestly, I don't think there was ever any goal of making the treo compete with an ipod.

One: battery life. Playing music will chew through your battery. For me, having an ipod die is no biggie. Having my PDA/Phone die is a biggie.

Two: memory size. Most serious music listeners have FAR more than the 1-2 gig available for the Treo. That quickly leads to the 'what should I load on my treo today?' question.

Maybe one day all things will merge, but not just yet.

Dana
    Maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    All you need is a Seido 2-in-1 adaptor (lets you talk and listen on a standard headset.)

I use the 2-In1 Headphones. 2.5 mm plug and a mic. The were $35 fromTreocentral.
    I use this too, with no problems.
    Just a suggestion...I know this thread is kind of old...but if the Author is still out there, the 6315 sucks. The big one. Really. I had it, and I about wanted to shoot its screen out. I traded it in (under 15 days rule from T-Mo stores) and got my first 600. I haven't looked back since. Also, I use the Seido retractable 2-in-1 headset, and it works great, even now on my 650.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234