1.    #1  
    After a few weeks of no problems, my GSM Treo is showing the slow down problem again. Usually happens overnight. I wonder if BB VFS 3.1 could be causing the problem since it runs every night. I might go back to BB VFS 3.1 RC2.

Anyone else seeing a slow down problem that goes away after a soft reset? The other culprit could be the temporary trial with 1.30 before going back to 1.28.

I may try reinstalling all my apps if BBVFS is not the problem.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2  
    Anyone care to comment?
  3.    #3  
    Anyone care to comment?

I downgraded to BBVFS 3.1 RC2 and did not see a slow down problem this morning!
    Yeah I ll comment. I am expering the exact same issue on my unlocked GSM. Everything was fine for weeks, and then all of a sudden it is back again. Two days running now. Weird.
    - Wouter
    Sometimes my T650 on 1.28 won't turn on. . . Only way I can get it back is to call it form another phone, or soft reset. Even popping out the SD card doesn't wake it.
    Are you using any 3rd party software? ProfileCare?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7.    #7  
    I have lots of 3rd party software. Not profilecare, but Volumecare and a dozen other goodies. Here is what is in my backup folder

-Owner-,5K
    AeroMP3plugin,98K
    AeroPlayer,202K
    AglkglLib,44K
    BackupBuddyVFS,294K
    Bejeweled!*,13K
    BJ*,5K
    Craps*,10K
    DA,96K
    DateBk5,798K
    dbScan,38K
    Filez,193K
    FindHack,144K
    FineTypeManager,121K
    Graffiti 2 Library,97K
    Graffiti Anywhere,52K
    HandyShop2,263K
    HoldEm by Stand Alone*,8K
    HS2Icons,43K
    IconMgr,145K
    Icons-DATEBK5,33K
    KeyCaps600,12K
    LEDOff,24K
    Luach,86K
    MobileDB,207K
    Nevada Craps Database,6K
    OutCall,9K
    Owner,3K
    PdaNet,72K
    Pdi Library,12K
    PTjc_CityDB,3K
    PTjc_EventDB,3K
    Radio Control,8K
    Scott1,7K
    TakePhone,352K
    TextTwist*,10K
    Treo 650 Blue-mod,131K
    VerdanaFTFt,66K
    VidPoker*,5K
    VolumeCare,63K
    WordSmith,597K
    ZLauncher,480K
    Last edited by swieder; 07/22/2005 at 04:15 PM.
    I have seen slowdowns with ProfileCare and with weak radio signals.

Try switching off the radio overnight and see if the slowdown occurs. Sometimes, the DNS seems to get messed up (specially in areas with low/marginal signal strength) , and even disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't help. In such situations, ResetNetLib from Doomsey is very useful to reset the network.

http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I had problems with Datebk5. After purging all my old completed todos and appointments from last year it was much faster to switch between program.
  10.    #10  
    I downgraded BBVFS 3.1 to RC2 and changed Keycaps650 to the version modified by doomsey. My Treo has been very happy since with no slowdowns for 2 days. I hope this trend continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Are you using any 3rd party software? ProfileCare?
    I am using VolumeCare but don't think that little gem is causing trouble. Had it for a while without slowdowns. I might be pointing the finger at an innocent product, but the only new prog I had installed was Crash Pro (trial version). Uninstalled it, and the slow-down has not occured since. Could be a coincidence tho,
    - Wouter
    I have the same issue too... on two different treo 650.

the following is installed on both:

bob's alarm 3.6
    card export II 2.19.722
    datebk5 5.4a
    munduIM 2.4
    splashid 3.22

both have also an SD card, each different (one is 1GB 60x, the other 512MB 60x). however, I already tried removing them, but they gave the same after a while (1-2 days).

both have firmware 1.28, sw treo650-1.13-ROW, hw revision A.

I did not find a way to throw the issue away, apart of a soft reset. it happens almost once a day. one of the two Treo didn't suffer any issue before the firmware upgrade. this is very sad.
    Last edited by matro; 07/24/2005 at 07:19 PM.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I've had this issue from the begining. And I truely think that there is a bug in the Phone app in the way it communicates with the network. It happens almost every time it has been sitting idle for a long time with a week network signal available.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    I've had this issue from the begining. And I truely think that there is a bug in the Phone app in the way it communicates with the network. It happens almost every time it has been sitting idle for a long time with a week network signal available.
    This seems to consume all the Treo's processor or Data base resources trying to maintain the integrity of the network.
  15.    #15  
    For those of you having slow down problems after the FW upgrade, did you try reinstalling your apps manually vs doing a hotsync or backup restore? This helped me tremendously the 1st time that I updated my FW to 1.28. I still think there could be a problem with preferences files having trouble across FW releases. Reinstalling your apps from scratch will rebuild nice clean pref files.

It's worth a shot!

Mateen has an interesting point - my trouble usually comes after my Treo sits on my desk all night in a weak signal area.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I did clean install. Deleted my old backup file....
    I have Custom Rom 2 by "lovecostarica" at the following link
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=90532&page=1
    The only 3rd party apps on my Ram are:
    Pocket Tunes 3.0.6
    SoundRec 1.051
    19 MB available on the RAM.
    After a manual reset my Treo would act like a champ though.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    For those of you having slow down problems after the FW upgrade, did you try reinstalling your apps manually vs doing a hotsync or backup restore?
    sure, I performed a clean reinstall on one of the two Treo without success. I carefully checked all the 3rd apps. the other one has got lots of other apps, but I don't think the issue is related to them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Mateen has an interesting point - my trouble usually comes after my Treo sits on my desk all night in a weak signal area.
    yes this is interesting. I would investigate the issue related to the SIM card type too, as stated in the following thread on mytreo.net site.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    The thread matro mentions in post #17 over at mytreo.net is discussing the possibility that the latest firmware upgrade for GSM T650s (originally created for unlocked unbranded ROW models which some of us have installed onto Cingular branded T650s) now is creating a network search problem that ties up all of the T650 resources. I was not having this problem with my original branded Cingular T650 and was able to roam and even use it in Canada with a FIDO SIM [I got the SIM Subsidy Unlock Code from Cingular as I am a long time customer]. This problem now afflicts many folks and seems to involve other SIMs and providers. The only way I can fix it is to do a soft reset. Any other ideas?