1.    #1  
    Does anybody know what the call barring defaut password i have tried every thing, 0000, 1234, 00000000. I called cingular and NOBODY there knew what it was, they transferered me to a tech rep. and he told me to try 1234...again. He called palm and they(palm) told him(cingualr) that he(cingular) should know what it is. He told me he would ask his buddy that knew everything if he knew what it was. He would send me a im to my cell if he figured it out. I have searched on these fourms for answers but found nothing.

Does anybody know what it is. Or is there anyway i can hack it. Is it in the sim card, the rom, or does it get downloaded from cingular when it reads the settings.

Please i need help.
    Last edited by johnnytk36; 07/21/2005 at 08:23 PM. Reason: missspelled
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
  2.    #2  
    Bump

----
    JK
    why are you wanting this? barring is control through the switch. It can't be changed on the phone its used for barring international calls and such,,
    The "call barring" password is what Cingular calls the SIM2 unlock code.

The default code is 2222. If you've mis-entered it enough times you will have to obtain a PUK2 code from Cingular or you can permanently lockup your SIM Card.

Hope this solves your problem.

The default SIM Lock code (to protect your SIM from unauthorized use) is 1111.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgwarsh
    why are you wanting this? barring is control through the switch. It can't be changed on the phone its used for barring international calls and such,,
    Becasue i dont like to not be able to control everypart of my treo. Plus i need to code to activate call barring. not just change the passsword. you can block all outgoing or incoming calls to.

----
    JK
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper73
    The "call barring" password is what Cingular calls the SIM2 unlock code.

The default code is 2222. If you've mis-entered it enough times you will have to obtain a PUK2 code from Cingular or you can permanently lockup your SIM Card.

Hope this solves your problem.

The default SIM Lock code (to protect your SIM from unauthorized use) is 1111.

Thanks Looks like i will be making another call to cingualr.

----
    JK
  7.    #7  
    ok it seems that the cingular service does not support "call barring". That might be why i cant do it. Ok dead end. I'm done with this subject

----
    JK