Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I called back and talked to someone else and they said that the Treo 650 is capable of receiving MMS. She also said that my Ticket had a resolve date of 7-28-05 and she emailed the higher ups to see what the status was. She also said that there were several tickets out on this issue. If anyone needs the # for Cingular data support it is 866-490-2666 you don't have to go through all the menus and enter your number in 100 x's. Hopefully they are working on this issue.....I know email is the way the go but trying to teach my Dizzy wife to do that wouldn't be worth the extra $$$ mms costs.
  2.    #22  
    interesting.

after getting my new phone i still am unabke to recieve mms messages. i contacted the data support team and they made my issue into a case and said i would be contacted by someone.

two days later i was contacted and told that other 650 users were experiencing these same problems and that the "team" was working on a solution.

im still waiting.
  3.    #23  
    yesterday i tried sending myself a mms and today i recieved a message saying that i had sent myself a message and it could be viewed @ viewmymessage.com. i came with a login and password for the pic.

this makes me think that my mms feature isnt turned on but i can send mms with no problem. i just sent about 5 pics to my moblog (textamerica) with no problems. i also sent a few pics to my fiance.

i havent contacted the folks @ cingular recently but i was told last week that this issue was being looked into and should be resolved soon.

we can hope...
    I can send MMS and my other Cingular phones aren't receiving them consistently. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I haven't upgraded my firmware, yet. I also just had Cingular check my MMS settings and they're "fine". I know of two messages I haven't received.
    I have a friend with a 650 who has been sending me MMS messages with media attached while he's away on vacation. I get the text, but no attachments.
  6.    #26  
    i wonder what percentage of cingular users (treo based) are having problems with mms. c
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Well, add another to the list...

I also have had issues. Mine are with both text and MMS. I receive alerts for scores of the Indians games and from 7/26 to 7/31 I did not receive any alerts. Then oddly enough I received all of the messages yesterday 8/1. Yes, all of what totaled 74 messages of the inning by inning scoring.

Also I have my Treo set to collect a "Return Receipt" on messages I send. Since the update I no longer receive the return receipt.

Has anyone had problems with return receipts?
    I started the same thread in the US GSM section and another on Cingular's Support forum. here:
    http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...message.id=324

I suggest everyone go there and write your stories there too. No one at Cingular knows wth is going on. It is not the Treo's fault, it's Cingular's Network having the issues.
    So...are you eventually getting your MMS, or are they lost forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    So...are you eventually getting your MMS, or are they lost forever?
    For me they're pretty much lost forever.
    but today I just got 5 text messages saying i've got an mms, and that i need to go to www.viewmymessage.com and type in a special login/password to view my mms on cingular's website.

BUT i've sent and people have sent me more than 5 mms.

It's just screwed up.
    As of time of this posting, Treo 650 and Cingular receiving MMS is now fixed.
    How did you confirm? I just tried again with no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dturpin1
    How did you confirm? I just tried again with no luck.
    hmm. someone wrote in cingular's support forum, i sent one from my computer (10digitphone@mms.mycingular.com) and i got it about a minute later.
    then i went to the media net section on cingular's site and sent myself a free greeting card, and it arrived.

try sending a picture to yourself from your phone to your phone number.
    Correction:

It is now working!

I included a picture and a recording. Work out fine.

I sent a message and a picture to myself and it worked fine too. Thanks to everyone who persevered with Cingular to keep this problem active until it was fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriefoss
    I sent a message and a picture to myself and it worked fine too. Thanks to everyone who persevered with Cingular to keep this problem active until it was fixed!
    mehhhh...
    This was the last straw for me. I really liked Cingular up until this happened. No one know what was going on, no moderators replied at Cingular Support Forum. I was sent a Treo 650 exchange by mail, which took 2 weeks to mail out, will arrive sometime today.
    When I was talking to Data Support, she changed my old unlimited gprs media works to the current limited media works.
    In the mean while, I'm 23 months into my 2 year contract and I wanted to change my plan to national, instead of my current regional. Went to corporate store, was there for 30 minutes and was told "there are a lot of errors on your account", call me tomorrow and I can check the status of your plan change. (didn't call), checked online, still old plan.

So I ordered T-Mobile. will get it delivered Monday.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    My return receipts are working again too. Finally!
    Nice! It's working again. Sweet.
    Update:

I am now having issues again. Not receiving as before or getting error messages that a message can't get through. Anyone else have additional problems or is it just me?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast