Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I know I saw mention of it several times here in the past week, but I can't find it now. It's a PC based program to capture streaming audio from the web. Any idea?

Thanks...
    Replay Radio is one solution.
    Yea Replay Radio is great. But for anyone that has not purchased it I'd recommend they wait till Replay A/V is released if they can. (It has to come any day now to meet their announced July deadline.) Although if you buy Replay Radio now they say they'll let you use the cost of that towards an upgrade .
    Replay Radio would be used for capturing audio streams like Shoutcast, Live365, and those kinds. Replay Music from the same company is what you would want for converting Rhapsody, Napster and Yahoo Music streams to mp3s. I've never used Replay Radio, but I use Replay Music with Rhapsody all the time. It's great!
    Wow Replay AV looks great. I've already purchased Replay Radio and Replay Music. I might have to send them even more money now.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks Guys !

That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess I should've bookmarked it, except my bookmarks are outta control at the moment...

David...
    Replay Radio said it would hopefully be out by the end of the month.
    Please explain what the difference is between "capturing audio streams like Shoutcast..." and "converting Rhapsody, Napster,..." to mp3. Are they different formats?

Replay Music is the only one listed as "Ideal for Music" in their comparison chart.

What if you want one program that is capable of both?
    mplayer(not mm) will do it too. Google it. I use it to capture and store a Jim Rome stream every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    Please explain what the difference is between "capturing audio streams like Shoutcast..." and "converting Rhapsody, Napster,..." to mp3. Are they different formats?

Replay Music is the only one listed as "Ideal for Music" in their comparison chart.

What if you want one program that is capable of both?
    Well...now I'm more confuseder!

I've never used Replay Radio, but I thought Replay Music was designed specifically for capturing and converting the audio streams from the major music services (Rhapsody, Napster, Yahoo) and automatically creating separate mp3 files for each song.

But this from the applian.com website:

"Replay Music is a unique streaming music recorder that captures MP3 files from any streaming source. Every song is saved on your PC as a high quality MP3 file, automatically tagged with the artist, song title, album and genre, and perfectly separated into individual tracks. You can even burn songs directly to CDs, or copy them to your iPod or MP3 Player."

So if Replay Music can capture "any streaming source", I'm not sure what Replay Radio can do that Replay Music can't.

Maybe someone that's used Replay Radio, or used both of them, can jump in here.
    They both capture audio the same way, via the PC sound card. One is just customized more for radio recording and the other for it's specified use. You just have to pick the one that works best for your needs. Use the free trials and find out what you like.

Regarding their future releases:
    In addition to Replay A/V there is the Replay Media Center to consider that is coming out soon.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    They both capture audio the same way, via the PC sound card. One is just customized more for radio recording and the other for it's specified use.
    Darnell, I've been wondering the same thing as well, and I'm going to make an assumption that replay Radio has the added functionality of listing, and being able to select from various Radio Stations, whereas Replay Music just captures whatever's being streamed. Would that be accurate, or maybe there's a better explanation of the differences?

For me, while there are "Shoutcast" or other "Radio Stations" I might like to record, there's also sites that do simple "Podcasts" or other audio streams that I'd like to capture. Two different applications, but I think Replay Music should be able to do both. I'm going to DL Replay Music this weekend and find out :-)

Thanks,

David...
    Replay Radio does Podcasts too, but try them all. The trials are free .

After you find one you like buy it .
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    After you find one you like buy it .
    I always do

Unfortunately, Replay Music does not have the added incentive of the upgrade to A/V.. only Replay Radio...

Thanks,
    David...
    Replay Radio has scheduling features to record things while you aren't there. It records for a given length of time and spits out an mp3 file for that time titled according to your instructions. Replay Music records for an indefinite period of time that you have to initiate, and then uses the audio qualities of the music to look up the song information in a database, which is then used to create numerous, separate MP3 files.

Clear?