1.    #1  
    anyone have a reco on a stereo handsfree devise to purchase for use with my Treo 600. Looking for something of good sound quality that I can use while driving. (Since Handsfree is now required here in Chicago)
    What type of Head-unit do you have?? cassette? CD player?? what brand/model??
  3.    #3  
    Not sure what you mean by head model. I'm looking for a headset to use with the Treo's internal MP3 player that I also use as a handsfree devise for talking on the phone. Right now I either use the one ear-piece handsfree that came with it (and that really hurts when listening to the Beatles and only hearing the left track), or I use my Sony Headphones and then pull them off when the phone rings.
    The Sprint Stores in this area don't have anything. The one that they did sell me I had to return as it only produced mono with the jack in the 600. I've seen some on the Palm site but they state that they are for the 650, and I've been told that they won't work with the 600.
    Suggestions???
    The basic Samsung headsets with the 2.5 jack works and sounds great. You can get one on eBay pretty cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by mthugo
    Not sure what you mean by head model. I'm looking for a headset to use with the Treo's internal MP3 player that I also use as a handsfree devise for talking on the phone.
    Ahh...well, in your initial post you mentioned words like "car" and "handsfree". I thought you were looking for a handsfree solution to playing the caller's voice over the speakers and speaking into the mic!! That's what I'm currently in the process of doing myself. I'll just place my 650 in it's car cradle and instantly it charges my phone and plays audio through my system. When somebody calls me, the treo stops the music and allows me to answer...then playing their voice over the speakers. Sweet, huh??

I asked for your head unit's make/model to find out if there is a cable you could hook up to the back so that the caller's voice would go through your system. BTW, a head unit is your cassette player or cd player (whatever type of device you use to listen to music).

Suggestions???
    Read this thread for more information on what I'm talking about: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90343.

Otherwise, just get one of the hybrid headsets found in the TreoCentral store: http://store.treocentral.com/content...ies/11-29-.htm.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, Big Tone. Can they also be used on the Treo for phone conversations as well as listening to music? (handsfree?)
    Thanks, Big Tone. Can they also be used on the Treo for phone conversations as well as listening to music? (handsfree?)
    Hmm...dunno if you missed my link to the hybrid sets above or what (I was definitely rambling on quite about about the car solution).

Check out those hybrid 2-in-1 adapters in the TreoCentral store. You can listen to music and talk (there's a built-in-mic) with any pair of headphones, earbuds, or speakers, even...just so long as they have a standard 3.5mm jack.

That's what I'd do if I were looking for a headset.

BTW...you're looking for a headset. Even though headsets are handsfree, most people use that term to refer to a carkit (or maybe it's just me).
  8.    #8  
    Thanks! Sorry I did miss the links in the first posting. (Are the eyes the first to go?) It is just what I wanted. I also checked out the Seidio site as they have a 2-in-1 in which I can use my own headset.
    Sounds like you're setting up quite a system in your car. Quite impressive. How did you get to your current set up? Any suggestions if I try to immulate you?
    Sounds like you're setting up quite a system in your car. Quite impressive. How did you get to your current set up? Any suggestions if I try to immulate you?
    Well...short answer is that I bought a 3.5mm to auxiliary input cable (specifically designed for my Pioneer CD Player) and a cradle that has a headphone jack & microphone built-in. It's just a home cradle with a USB adapter and I'm going to mount it to my dash and get a USB-to-DC adapter.

Link to the cable is provided above (you'll have to scroll down to the PIO-P-35MM). You'll have to determine if you have an auxiliary input jack on the back of your cd player. If not and you have a cd player...you'll have to use an FM transmitter. Otherwise, you can use a cassette adapter which would provide slightly better quality than the transmitter.

Link to the cradle is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Palm-Treo-65...QQcmdZViewItem

Altogether it's costing me a little less than $80 to do this....

I'll be posting details of installation and the quality of the cradle/cable whenever I receive the cradle (just ordered it today...prolly gettin' it early next week).