Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know this has been done before, but I've just spent the last four hours or so here on TC, MTDN, Treonauts, and about 9 thousand other sites trying to figure out how to duplicate the same functionality I got with CallFilter, before it started crashing my T650 about every 30 seconds.

I want CallFilter for the 650. I know it's not available, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding any kind of replacement or series of replacements. I'm left thinking that my only hope is to start figuring out how to program the solution myself (just what I need, another project right now).

Here's what I've figured out so far:

In terms of replacing the end-of-call notes, use Call Notes II. But, I'm not much of a fan of their interface, and I loved CallFilter's built-in scheduling that allowed you to set "follow-ups". No dice on CallFilter unfortunately. Not to mention the fact that it's not cheap. Additionally, I'm having a few minor stability/slowocity problems with it.

As an mp3/wav ringer, of course there's Ringo, mRing, and Lightwav, and CallShield Beta. Of course, only Lightwav and Callshield have support for SMS and call blocking abilities, and based on what I've seen everywhere, neither of these options are truly stable enough. I know, I know, people have success with these, as of course your mileage may vary, but I have little desire to monetarily support a company that can't even put out a stable release or force people to buy more software just to fix bugs (thank you, toysoft).

The other option I want is ringers dependant on profiles, such as how CallFilter integrated with Profeo, SPM, etc. God, that was nice. I still have Simple Profile Manager, but without the integration to CallFilter, it just seems sad, and depressingly lonely.

I'm not starting a bounty for this, because I figure this is a lost cause. I am, however, asking if there is a set of software that will duplicate this list of requirements, at least mostly. I don't believe I'm the only one that wants this. Maybe I've missed something, maybe there's a solution, but I haven't been able to find it, and I've been looking for the last several days. Knowing my luck, it's been right under my nose the whole time.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Anyone? Bueller? Oh well, bumpity for now.
    I agree with you
    but there seems nothing we can do