1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if any of you have seen this but there is a note on Palm's website about Cingular DUN support. Here is the quote from the site:

"Bluetooth Dial-up Networking for Cingular Treo 650 as of March 31, 2005

The Cingular Treo 650 smartphone does not support Bluetooth dial-up networking at this time.

Cingular intends to incorporate Bluetooth dial-up networking into a software update for the Treo 650 smartphone later this year. This update will provide the capability to use the Treo 650 smartphone as a wireless modem. Until this update is provided, please disregard the instructions for setting up dial-up networking included in the user manual on page 59. "
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(34830)

I know some of you were unsure about whether the new update would allow for DUN with Cingular and I think this is a pretty good indication that it will.
    LOL! I'd be happy if the update would just come out, with or without DUN.

Seriously thats all corporate lip service. I wouldn't believe a word of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    I'm not sure if any of you have seen this but there is a note on Palm's website about Cingular DUN support. Here is the quote from the site:

"Bluetooth Dial-up Networking for Cingular Treo 650 as of March 31, 2005

The Cingular Treo 650 smartphone does not support Bluetooth dial-up networking at this time.

Cingular intends to incorporate Bluetooth dial-up networking into a software update for the Treo 650 smartphone later this year. This update will provide the capability to use the Treo 650 smartphone as a wireless modem. Until this update is provided, please disregard the instructions for setting up dial-up networking included in the user manual on page 59. "
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(34830)

I know some of you were unsure about whether the new update would allow for DUN with Cingular and I think this is a pretty good indication that it will.
    This has been on the website for a long time.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    I'm doing DUN on Cingular now. I just upgraded to 1.28 ROW and viola! It works.