1. Puk
    I've seen one or two people post this problem within longer threads, but have never seen any solutions posted. When I try to connect, it says "Contacting PPP Server..." for about a minute or so, and then fails with dialog box saying, "A modem error occurred. Please verify your settings and try again." The network arrows never appear on the Treo.

I'm running the 1.12 firmware (the hack has been deleted) and Tiger. I have deleted the pairing from both the phone and computer, and re-paired (with DUN on). It finds the phone and the DUN capability and pairs just fine. The only problem is when I actually try to connect.

I had this working fine with the 1.08 firmware and shadowmite hack on Panther.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

-puk
  2. Puk
    I hate when I work on a problem for a long time, give up and post about it, and then solve it 3 minutes later.

I got it to work by again unpairing and deleting the devices, but this time also deleting the Bluetooth network device. In the networks list, this only has the effect of unchecking it (it is still listed), but also has the effect of removing the bluetooth option from Network Connect and removing the "Main Number" dialing entry.

I then recreated everything from scratch and it worked fine.

-puk