1.    #1  
    Can anybody tell me if it's possible to enable the microphone while external speakers are plugged into the 650??? (I hear it was enabled on the 600)

I'm trying to just plug a 2.5mm jack into the phone so that my car speakers will play the caller's voice. But from what I hear, the headset's microphone is disabled. Is there a way for me to enable it?? If not, can a developer please help me out.

If this can be fixed with software, I really don't want to have to pay for an expensive cradle that has audio out & microphone or the seidio 2-in-1 adapter.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Can anybody tell me if it's possible to enable the microphone while external speakers are plugged into the 650??? (I hear it was enabled on the 600)

I'm trying to just plug a 2.5mm jack into the phone so that my car speakers will play the caller's voice. But from what I hear, the headset's microphone is disabled. Is there a way for me to enable it?? If not, can a developer please help me out.

If this can be fixed with software, I really don't want to have to pay for an expensive cradle that has audio out & microphone or the seidio 2-in-1 adapter.

Thanks in advance.
    The right channel of the jack controls the speaker and the left channel controls the MIC. (I think that is the order). So if you only direct 1/2 of the audio to the car speakers and the other half to the MIC, you shoul dbe fine.

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Soo...there's no software solution for this??

My real goal is to use the built-in mic on the Treo if possible. I really don't want to connect an external mic if not necessary. Or maybe I'm not following what you're saying...