1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried InfoMan software? I stumbed upon this software at Treonauts website few days ago.

I am having little difficulty justifying $40/year subscription charge for this software and wanted to see if anyone is using this app and if so, your thoughts?

Thanks!
    i use it.
    i like it.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Eh... I don't like paying subscription fees if I don't have too...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Eh... I don't like paying subscription fees if I don't have too...
    Yup...

with stuff like Directory Assistant, many handheld-optimized sites for weather, etc.....and just plain old google, Handmark's just stealing your money. I realize it's a pretty good application, but it's not worth $40/yr by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Yup...

with stuff like Directory Assistant, many handheld-optimized sites for weather, etc.....and just plain old google, Handmark's just stealing your money. I realize it's a pretty good application, but it's not worth $40/yr by any means.
    For what it's worth, the product in this thread that people are referring to (Infoman), is actually sold by ArsLexis for $40 a year. You will be happy to know that Handmark's product "express" is actually $70 a year
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Yup...

well, it provides a service to me, that none of the places you mentioned or any other place i can find, can provide...

so... i'm happy with infoman.
    thanx for providing what no one else can, for me.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    I too use Infoman, and think it's awesome, but different strokes for different folks. You can use it for free with limited functionality. (i.e. a certain amount of downloads a day) So give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    For what it's worth, the product in this thread that people are referring to (Infoman), is actually sold by ArsLexis for $40 a year. You will be happy to know that Handmark's product "express" is actually $70 a year
    Ooops....my bad. I thought Infoman was only like a one-time fee of $15 or so. I definitely don't think Infoman is worth $15...much less a recurring fee of $40/yr.
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    well, it provides a service to me, that none of the places you mentioned or any other place i can find, can provide...

so... i'm happy with infoman.
    thanx for providing what no one else can, for me.
    Well...a one-time fee of $8 for Wassdat seems like a much better value to me considering the versatility of Wassdat, and the prices of each!

I'll admit that Infoman adds a little convenience factor just like Directory Assistant adds to getting phone numbers, addresses, & directions....but to each his own, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I too use Infoman, and think it's awesome, but different strokes for different folks. You can use it for free with limited functionality. (i.e. a certain amount of downloads a day) So give it a try.
    Err...does anybody know exactly how much "limit" is placed on it if you don't pay for it??
    GFunk, I know it's been done to death (I followed the thread), but I keep getting stuck for many moments on your posts. Could you at least close the closet door!
    Can someone post the Infoman PRC for download? I lost mine and can not find ot on the web anymore.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com