1.    #1  
    Hi, bought a Seidio handsfree/stereo headset.. it broke within about a week at the connector and seidio replied once to my email and never again so i cannot get an RMA to send it back.. So rather than junk what was an expensive piece of junk im trying to solder on a new connector.

The wiring is coloured copper and green in one cable, and blue and red in the other. does anyone know how this should be wired up to the 2.5mm connector? i've tried a couple of different versions of what i thought it was, but none work correctly.

thanks
    stuart.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu@
    Hi, bought a Seidio handsfree/stereo headset.. it broke within about a week at the connector and seidio replied once to my email and never again so i cannot get an RMA to send it back.. So rather than junk what was an expensive piece of junk im trying to solder on a new connector.

The wiring is coloured copper and green in one cable, and blue and red in the other. does anyone know how this should be wired up to the 2.5mm connector? i've tried a couple of different versions of what i thought it was, but none work correctly.

thanks
    stuart.

Please contact me dsc@seidio.com. We will exchange it with a new one.

David Chang
    Seidio
  3.    #3  
    Thankyou, That's all I wanted in the first place, but found it impossible.

Again thankyou, if only the CS department I contacted had been as usefull and speedy as yourself!
    I am having Email problems at the moment, but will send you my details etc as soon as the problem is sorted and I can send mail again.

thanks
    stuart.
  4.    #4  
    OK well i recieved one email from some guy david asked to help me out, which I replied to with the requested information again heard squat back.

Can someone PLEASE if you know it just tell me the wiring so I can make my repairs and use this thing.

Thanks
    Seidio SCORES again!
    Wiring the Seidio Treo600 2-in-1:

Go to radioshack...
    Get the adapter for a few dollars...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D298

Solder Copper wire to the outside arm which is shaped right angel and clamps down around the cable.
    Solder white cable to the center pin.
    Solder the colored thin wire to the part right where the plastic stops and the connector extends out of the casing. There is a divit there to solder too.

So copper is ground, white is positive, colored is negative...
    Right guys?

Hope this helps, it's EXACTLY the way I wired mine and has been working for a while now aside from the copper wire coing unsoldered every now and then.

Good Luck!

T
    Also, contact Dave again as he just found one of MY posts slamming them for the EXACT same reason and so far seems to be coming throughfor me and shipping out a new unit tomorrow.

T
  8.    #8  
    Hi, thanks for the reply, unfortunately the colours in my wires are different.
    I don't have a white/copper/coloured setup..
    I have copper+green in one cable, and blue + red in the other.. I'm presuming plain copper must be earth, but what of the other three i dont know, why there isnt another copper instead of a third coloured in the second cable to make things simple i dunno. I might just pull it right apart to find out, and build myself a quality item from scratch, It's just too much bother messing around, i can't see it lasting long even if i did fix it.
    the Seido 2-in-1 headphone setup is a 4 conductor setup right? can anyone confirm? Or do they use a switch? For the 650 version, in case it is different.
  10.    #10  
    I'm not sure what your question is.. I managed to wire mine up in the end ok by trial and error. the connector is a 2.5mm 3pin thing, theres a switch on the mic to change from stereo to headset.. hope that somehow answers your question.
    I think the Seidio headset does not use a switch... It is a 4 conductor type.
    I have two seidio headsets that are in the same condition. (The jack at the end of the headset is not making a proper connection.) I don't mind wrecking one of them, and thought that I would try and fix the problem myself.

I'm totally new to this so i thought I would ask a couple of questions.

1. Is is possible to disect the existing jack and re-solder the connections?
    2. If not, can I actually buy the jack at the end of the headphones? (what would the part name be, so that I can make sure that I am getting the right one.)
    3. Will i still be able to use the button on the headset if i do this?

Thanks in advance.
  13.    #13  
    yeah, I just re-used the original, cut the plastic off, cut an inch off the cable, soldered it back on, then use an epoxy-putty ("liquid metal, but putty form)to mould around and make a protective case. but you can get any jack probably better, i was just being a cheapskate. go to your local maplin/radio parts/ radio shack.. depending on where on this little planet you are and buy a 2.5mm stereo jack, wave the old one under their nose they'll know what to supply. and yes the button works fine whatever you use.. if you cut the old one apart carefully you can see which colours go where, which is what i did.. then took so long to get round to rewiring it i forgot. lol. so write it down or do it asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu@
    yeah, I just re-used the original, cut the plastic off, cut an inch off the cable, soldered it back on, then use an epoxy-putty ("liquid metal, but putty form)to mould around and make a protective case. but you can get any jack probably better, i was just being a cheapskate. go to your local maplin/radio parts/ radio shack.. depending on where on this little planet you are and buy a 2.5mm stereo jack, wave the old one under their nose they'll know what to supply. and yes the button works fine whatever you use.. if you cut the old one apart carefully you can see which colours go where, which is what i did.. then took so long to get round to rewiring it i forgot. lol. so write it down or do it asap.
    Thanks!

I should have mentioned that I am using the retractible 650 model. Same deal?

If it is, then I'm headed to radio shack to get the stuff!

Thanks again for your advice.
  15.    #15  
    The retracting system makes no difference so far as i'm aware to anything, there isnt even a break in the wire it just coils it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by davincispalm
    I have two seidio headsets that are in the same condition. (The jack at the end of the headset is not making a proper connection.) I don't mind wrecking one of them, and thought that I would try and fix the problem myself.

I'm totally new to this so i thought I would ask a couple of questions.

1. Is is possible to disect the existing jack and re-solder the connections?
    2. If not, can I actually buy the jack at the end of the headphones? (what would the part name be, so that I can make sure that I am getting the right one.)
    3. Will i still be able to use the button on the headset if i do this?

Thanks in advance.
    There are 3 conductor and 4 conductor connectors on the Siedio headsets. Are you sure they are bad? Seems the connectors are the most rugged piece on the wired headsets.

You might have a bad wire or bad jack...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.