1.    #1  
    Which is the best VPN client for the Treo 650?

The Palm website seem vague and the VPN menu on the 650 gives me no useful information.

Steve
    What type of firewall are you trying to connect to?..and for what purposes? I was originally trying to get activesync to work and thought i had to get a vpn connection installed..later found out that activesync could connect directly to the exchange 2003 server. If you really do have to use a vpn..BE VERY CAREFUL. I tried Mergic first and although it said it would work with cisco vpn 3000, it would not if you had to use IPSec protocols. Movian was the only one that would. I purchased Movian for like $90.00 and had to really play with it and read the message boards to finally determine the settings because their user guide was so bad and the support was coming out of spain. Although I got Movian to connect to my cisco 3000 firewall, it would not render me a local ip address to surf within my network. Also the firewall, saw me registered twice when i connected. I did a lot of screaming and hollering and finally got some local companies that could help with the support for movian. I had been told that my problem was common and that they were trying to figure it out. They wanted my cisco vpn logs, which my It director said he could not/would not supply because it was too large and would be too much to read through.

Admittedly, I gave up and my IT dept got activesync to work today with a few changes to the exchange server (thanks to guidance from treocentral discussion boards), and we never moved forward with the US company that offered to help with movian. As of today, I learned that a group w/in my company may want to start using the Treo for mobile file access, email, etc., and so they may have to turn back to movian...i'll keep you posted.

I write all this because I just don't want anyone else to go through all of the grief i went through. You should definitely do a search on vpn in Treocentral and read all of the discussions before you spend the money.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher
    Which is the best VPN client for the Treo 650?

The Palm website seem vague and the VPN menu on the 650 gives me no useful information.

Steve
    I use PalmVNC with Mergic:

http://palmvnc2.free.fr/

http://www.mergic.com/
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.