1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any problems forwarding from gmail to fastmail? All of the sudden it stopped working for me, and everytime I go into gmail's settings to fix it, it won't allow me. This makes it impossible for me to 'pop' from fastmail to my treo. Any ideas?
    I'm not sure why you can't get into the settings but this setup has been working for me without any issues..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Is there a reason you need to go through fastmail? I POP two different gmail accounts to my Treo using Snapper. Gmail does require a secure connection which is supported by Snapper
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    Is there a reason you need to go through fastmail? I POP two different gmail accounts to my Treo using Snapper. Gmail does require a secure connection which is supported by Snapper
    He's probably pushing it to his Treo.

Fastmail has had server problems the past few days. But I haven't had any problems for the past 24 hours.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by lorms
    Has anyone had any problems forwarding from gmail to fastmail? All of the sudden it stopped working for me, and everytime I go into gmail's settings to fix it, it won't allow me. This makes it impossible for me to 'pop' from fastmail to my treo. Any ideas?
    Fastmail's servers are back to normal after a glitch on one of their servers. What you are experiencing is a bug in GMail where they seem to blacklist an address for certain reasons. I have the same problem and now I cannot forward to my fastmail account because of GMail's thinking the address is dead. I suggest you contact Gmail through their web forms regarding the issue. You will get an auto response, you have to respond to that auto message to get it into their support/bug queue for review. It is a longstanding issue that hopefully they will address soon. But, you cannot really complain because the price of GMail is right

As a work around I opened another Fastmail account to forward too, i'll try to forward to my old account in a few days. But it is an interim work around. YMMV.

-Rory
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, Rory.
    I did the same, using an old yahoo mail account instead of my fastmail account. I hope this doesn't go on indefinitely. It definitely caused me a headache yesterday.
    Lori