1.    #1  
    i know the phone has its problems. its the price we pay for having a phone that does so much and can be manipulated. anyway, i havent noticed anyone with this problem and wondered if anyone had any input.
    my phone powers off often when i place it in my belt clip (the seidio shield holster from treocentral). im not talking soft reset, im talking just the phone, as if i held down the power button. i thought that my clip may have been pressing against the power button but it happens so fast and it has also happened when i set the phone on the table. i thought maybe the battery case was loose or battery was moving around due to pressure but then that would cause a soft reset wouldnt it? anyone have/heard this problem? should i get a new one? thanks for your help.
    I had that problem with a Nokia phone before I went handspring/palm. Phone should not turn off due to a little pressure. Get a new one.
    I had the exact same problem with the same holster. The phone would also shut off when I set it down on the table and not on its little gold laced pillow.

Based on threads here, I placed a peice of paper under the SIM card and battery cover and have not had my phone shut off in two weeks. Of course I have also removed a couple of applications, but I am sure the paper trick helped as much as my Treo's little gold pillow does.

FIn.
    CNG Locked 650.

Life is a lesson, you learn it when you're through.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Sounds to me like a loose circuit board or possibly a bad solder joint that looses it's connection when it heats up. The paper tricks make me think that might be the case. Mine does it too from time to time. Quite annoying.

I have seen this same complaint on other Treo related boards.
    South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 755P, VersaMail, SplashNotes, eMedic, ePocrates, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy,

Device Graveyard: Treo 700P, Treo 650P, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, Blackberry, Palm V with OmniSky Modem, Palm III with Novatel modem and land line modem, US Robotics PalmPilot (original)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finhead
    I had the exact same problem with the same holster. The phone would also shut off when I set it down on the table and not on its little gold laced pillow.

Based on threads here, I placed a peice of paper under the SIM card and battery cover and have not had my phone shut off in two weeks. Of course I have also removed a couple of applications, but I am sure the paper trick helped as much as my Treo's little gold pillow does.

FIn.
    I love it, little gold laced pillow, that's classic
    Sounds to me like a GSM phone with a lose sim tray - try the paper between the sim and carrier trick and see if that helps.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  7.    #7  
    thanks everybody. i will try that. i love the little gold pillow trick too!