Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven't got a single email in chatter all day. I go to gmail and it says that nothing has been forwarded to fastmail because there is something wrong with fastmail.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yes! I've been having the exact same problem, thus my treo has not been receiving any mail, since I use my fastmail account to 'mirror' my gmail account and pop to my treo
    As of midnight the problem doesn't seem to be resolved, but I'm at least relieved that I am not the only one experiencing this. Do you think it is a problem with the fastmail server?
  4.    #4  
    From what I read on the link Insertion gave it is. I can get mail to fastmail now but gmail still says something is wrong with fastmail. So I went ahead and set up versamail to check gmail as a back up now.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the link Insertion

Again today gmail says there is something wrong with fast mail, gmail can't forward mail.
  6.    #6  
    Update: Gmail can forward email the only thing is that fast mail is not picking up automatically forwardded email from gmail.

I can forward a single email from gmail to fastmail.

I can automaticaly forward gmail to yahoo mail.

I cant automatically forward gmail to fastmail.

The fastmail techs say they are checking on the problems that were caused by their overloaded server.
    Looks like forwarding to fastmail is acting up again.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I have had problems for the last 3 days with forwarding gmail to fastmail :-(
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I'm not having any issues with forwarding gmail but getting push from fastmail is a another thing...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    This makes me want to take a look at fusemail....
    Or chattermail. Thinking of signing up with it.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #12  
    Yesterday I opened a different gmail account and everything began to work fine again. Can fastmails hiccup permanently mess up a link between 2 accounts?

I don't want to have to change my gmail username every time fastmail hiccups and decides it dosent like the connection.

Can some one who is having problems try forwarding gmail to a different account and see if it works for them too. This would give us a good clue as far as deciding what to do next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    yea.. I forgot about that.. need to look into it.. now i'm glad that I didn't pay for fastmail because I would really be pissed right now...
  14.    #14  
    So there is a service similar to fastmail called chattermail? Of course I'm using chattermail but I didnt know there was an IMAP server called chattermail.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    So there is a service similar to fastmail called chattermail? Of course I'm using chattermail but I didnt know there was an IMAP server called chattermail.
    yup.. $24.95 a year.. this might be the route I have to go because I need my mail instantly..
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    yea.. I forgot about that.. need to look into it.. now i'm glad that I didn't pay for fastmail because I would really be pissed right now...
    I know. I nearly signed up too.
    Yes:

http://chatteremail.mail.everyone.ne...74111539406562

17.    #17  
    I spent 15.00 on fast mail,,,, it was the only way I could see being able to sent email replies,,,,,, was there anothewr way?

Thanks for the link Insertion.
    I spent 15.00 on fast mail,,,, it was the only way I could see being able to sent email replies,,,,,, was there anothewr way?

I used the free fastmail service. I just needed my mail forwarded. To send, I either use gmails server on Chatter, or charter.net through sprintpcs.com

I used gmails smtp also and never had a problem with it..
    I know. I nearly signed up too.
    Yes:

http://chatteremail.mail.everyone.ne...74111539406562
    I almost signed up also because I was just on the edge of reaching the max bw allowed for the free account.. Sux though because the setup was sweet and free but you know what they say you get what you pay for...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast