Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Yup its back, its been out for about an hour.
    It was never down for me. Perhaps it's domain-specific. I'm on "fastmail.us". Was it "fastmail.fm" that was unavailable?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Both my mailc.net and fastmail.fm accounts were down for about an hour.
  3.    #43  
    Ya, fm
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Ya, fm
    Then perhaps it was a DNS issue or a proxy issue on their end that only affects the ".fm" domain. If they have multiple firewalls/proxies that feed service for that domain, it's possible that one of them has a bad configuration and as load dictates the problem shows up when that particular firewall/proxy responds to demand.

If it keeps happening, and Fastmail's admins aren't actually doing any scheduled maintenance during these outages, it's probably a configuration error. The question is what changed in the environment to cause it to appear now vs earlier?

Of course, there's another possibility... Do you share the same ISP as others that are experiencing the outages? If so, then it's more likely that it's a problem at your ISP.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  5.    #45  
    Since I coudnt get there from the Treo or the home computer then it wouldn't be an ISP issue, right?
    That would be a good assumption.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I've noticed that fastmail is down for short periods about once a month or so - usually no more than 15 minutes. Since it's free, I suppose I can't complain.
  8.    #48  
    I'm getting pretty tired of seeing this. Is there another free IMAP out there or a cheap one. Insertion I guess I'll read the links you gave. Did you make a switch?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...tmailcrash.jpg
    I switched to the aim IMAP and I haven't regretted it one bit. It seems just as quick (forwarding to it from gmail) plus (for the most part) you don't have to delete anything from the imap account if you don't want to (because they give you 1gb). No more issues with bandwidth or storage.

I posted the settings for it somewhere if you interested in giving it a try.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I switched to the aim IMAP and I haven't regretted it one bit. It seems just as quick (forwarding to it from gmail) plus (for the most part) you don't have to delete anything from the imap account if you don't want to (because they give you 1gb). No more issues with bandwidth or storage.

I posted the settings for it somewhere if you interested in giving it a try.
    i thought it was 2gb
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    i thought it was 2gb
    LOL, its so much more than fastmail that I don't care
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

It's Saturday morning the 3rd of Sept and I haven't been able to get a Fastmail forwarded by Gmail for about 3 days. Does anyone know for sure what is going on????
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    It's Saturday morning the 3rd of Sept and I haven't been able to get a Fastmail forwarded by Gmail for about 3 days. Does anyone know for sure what is going on????
    Mine has been working fine.
    I just tested and my Gmail is forwarding properly to fastmail where I can access via IMAP.

I suggest you recheck your Gmail forwarding settings as well as your fastmail account. Use webmail to check your fastmail account. If you're using a free fastmail account it is possible that you are over your size or bandwidth limits, although unlikely as it resets every month and it's very early in this month.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  14.    #54  
    Fastmail.fm hasn't been down,which are you using? Dot.what?
    I've been a big promotor of fastmail over the past two years, but I'd have to say that you have to be willing to accept occasional down-times to go this route. I haven't seen a single blip using my accounts on everyone.net, and I suspect AIM/AOL is equally reliable (though AIM/AOL still have issues with their IMAP implementation); these two companies are FAR, FAR bigger than fastmail and fusemail, by the way.

Marc
  16.    #56  
    Marc I clicked all over that site for 10 min, still getting use to the web on a 2'' screen, lightning killed my desktop.

does everyone.net offer free IMAP?
    No, it's not free. Their service is $24.95/yr; here's a link to the info about the service I offer through everyone.net. It's $5 more than fastmail, but I think if reliability is the #1 goal, then it's a good deal. You might look at fusemail.com as well.

http://chatteremail.mail.everyone.ne...74111539406562

For free IMAP, I'd look into the AIM service.

Marc
  18.    #58  
    Thanks for the info Marc. Fastmail is cool since its free but if I ever gave up on fastmail I would go with jamespaulritter@chattermail.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123