Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    I'm not having any issues with forwarding gmail but getting push from fastmail is a another thing...
    i didn't think the treo could do push email. i have the premium fastmail. i thought the best you could do with the treo was program it to look for email every 15 minutes or so (which really drains the battery). are you telling me that the email from fastmail can be sent to me without me requesting it? How do i set that up?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    i didn't think the treo could do push email. i have the premium fastmail. i thought the best you could do with the treo was program it to look for email every 15 minutes or so (which really drains the battery). are you telling me that the email from fastmail can be sent to me without me requesting it? How do i set that up?
    You need to get chatter for your email program.

http://www.chatteremail.com/
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    i saw the link you provided and went there. but i didn't see anything there specifically about push email. so you have this set up now? and you get an alert are something whenevr you get an email? how does it work? you get an sms that you have an email...or bam....the email just appears as you would expect without you having to request it? is there something special you have to set up in chattermail in the treo to activate that "push" feature?
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=36&Itemid=81

Chatter email features :
    True “push”, two-way syncing of messages

Timed or manual “QuickSync”
    Full POP3 server support
    Full IMAP server support
    Up to 8 online mailboxes ( True Push )
    Up to 128 active mailboxes supported
    Innovative, color-coded “Summary” Mailbox
    Addressee’s auto-complete from your Contacts
    Addressee’s from recently used addresses
    Syncing of sent messages back to IMAP server
    Full background and “while asleep” operation
    Full asynchronous operation
    Wide range of notification options
    SSL support (foreground only)
    Attachment reading (with third-party applications)
    Multiple message selection (delete, move, mark )
    NO third-party “intermediate” server required
    NO recurring fees
    NO desktop redirector required

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have chatter set to vibrate when I get a message. It also has a "Pop" notification (not to be confused with POP3) where if selected, the message will appear on your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I have chatter set to vibrate when I get a message. It also has a "Pop" notification (not to be confused with POP3) where if selected, the message will appear on your screen.
    cool. thanks. that was something new for me.
  7.    #27  
    When you use those other smtp servers is it the same as using fastmails smtp. I mean when you hit send do you have to sit there and wait the same way you do when sending email with a pop server?
    So the chatter email would replace my snappermail basically? i could still get the fastmail accounts (i got 2 that i already paid for) with chatter email? the chatter email will "push" my fastmail to me? or i need to setup hotmail or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    So the chatter email would replace my snappermail basically? i could still get the fastmail accounts (i got 2 that i already paid for) with chatter email? the chatter email will "push" my fastmail to me? or i need to setup hotmail or something like that?
    Nothing special needs to be done (other than setting up all the server info within chatter). It should work perfectly.

Fastmail is working fine for me now - pushing emails to Chatter from Gmail. I'm willing to write it off as a one time problem, and stick with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    When you use those other smtp servers is it the same as using fastmails smtp. I mean when you hit send do you have to sit there and wait the same way you do when sending email with a pop server?
    I use gmail's smtp servers (thanks to Marc for supporting the SSL and TLS). Its pretty much takes the same amount of time to send emails but the key for Chatter is that it runs in the background. I can look at something else (calendar/to do list/etc.) while it sends out the email.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I use gmail's smtp servers (thanks to Marc for supporting the SSL and TLS). Its pretty much takes the same amount of time to send emails but the key for Chatter is that it runs in the background. I can look at something else (calendar/to do list/etc.) while it sends out the email.
    Ahhh,,,,,, So I wasted 15 bucks on the ability to use fastmails smtp because I thought if I used gmails POP smpt that it would be just as slow as versamail ( which is the only experience I have with POP).

Maybe it would still be a good idea to swith to gmails smtp so all my sent email won't be lost forever like it was when fastmails server was fibrillating. Friday no one ever received any of the email I sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    wow. works in the background. has push email. i sure did make a mistake getting snappermail. i thought it was the best out there. i paid more for less features. thanks for this thread....
    I have been getting my mail pushed today with no problems.. hopefully it will stay that way...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  15.    #35  
    I only had trouble for a day and a half.

I just set gmail as the smtp now,,,,, man,,,,, wish I would have thought of that before. I thought pop servers like gmail handled email slowly,,,,come to find out its all apps except for chatter that handle email slow, For any readers: If you don't have chatter your e-mailing at snail pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Ahhh,,,,,, So I wasted 15 bucks on the ability to use fastmails smtp because I thought if I used gmails POP smpt that it would be just as slow as versamail ( which is the only experience I have with POP).

Maybe it would still be a good idea to swith to gmails smtp so all my sent email won't be lost forever like it was when fastmails server was fibrillating. Friday no one ever received any of the email I sent.
    Yeah, I don't have any problems with gmail's smtp servers. Fastmail is still acting up for me so in the meantime, I will forward my gmail to my fusemail account.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

17.    #37  
    Wow for the 3rd time in 2 weeks fastmail is down
    It's back.
    Works for me

20.    #40  
    Yup its back, its been out for about an hour.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast