1.    #1  
    Is there another solution to shutting off the screen during a phone call?

I am not even wanting this for battery life.....my cheek keeps hitting the hangup button during calls.

Is TreoGuard the only option?

Any help would be great....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters

I am not even wanting this for battery life.....my cheek keeps hitting the hangup button during calls.

Thanks
    ScreenCare does this very well and will still allow you to use the volume keys during the call.

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Jeff....is there a problem you have NOT solved with your progams?!?!?!?!?
    Jeff....is there a problem you have NOT solved with your progams?!?!?!?!?
    Well ......

Jeff

Thanks
    You can disable the on-screen buttons for when you're on a call through the existing Palm software. (Or do you already know this?)

-Kirk
  7.    #7  
    Ok Jeff,

When I set everything up to shut off the screen at X seconds...all it does is lower the brightness, it seems about by about half.

Any ideas?

Also....I want the screen disabled so my cheek does not hit it, but will touching a keypad key turn the screen back on? Like if I have to lookup a contact etc.

Thanks again for a great product.
    Ok Jeff,

When I set everything up to shut off the screen at X seconds...all it does is lower the brightness, it seems about by about half.

Any ideas?

Also....I want the screen disabled so my cheek does not hit it, but will touching a keypad key turn the screen back on? Like if I have to lookup a contact etc.

Thanks again for a great product.
    If you are on a Treo 650 the screen will go black. On a 600 you will see "some" light.

There are different configuration modes in ScreenCare. You can have all key touches (except for volume) and all screen touches mapped out. Then enable a double screen tap to wake up the screen saving mode. Any combination really.

Jeff
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    If you are on a Treo 650 the screen will go black. On a 600 you will see "some" light.

There are different configuration modes in ScreenCare. You can have all key touches (except for volume) and all screen touches mapped out. Then enable a double screen tap to wake up the screen saving mode. Any combination really.

Jeff
    Well I have a 650 and it only cuts the brightness in half. Any ideas?
    I have the Treo 650 from Verizon. Since I have it my screen has never gone blank after a call over 1 minute. If seems to decrease in brightness by half. I just went back through the VZW Treo 650 User Guide and it does say it should go blank. Frankly I like having it decrease not go blank so I know what keys I need to hit. I have done the 1.03 Verizon update and it did not change it. BTW I thought I was supposed to get additional available memory from this update but I did not get any. I have 14MB left so it is not a big deal.

Marv
    Quote Originally Posted by marvw
    I have the Treo 650 from Verizon. Since I have it my screen has never gone blank after a call over 1 minute. If seems to decrease in brightness by half. I just went back through the VZW Treo 650 User Guide and it does say it should go blank. Frankly I like having it decrease not go blank so I know what keys I need to hit. I have done the 1.03 Verizon update and it did not change it. BTW I thought I was supposed to get additional available memory from this update but I did not get any. I have 14MB left so it is not a big deal.

Marv
    Well it sounds like you do not have SC configured properly then. The dimming you are seeing now is the standard behavior of the phone application. With SC you should see it go totally black.

So to configure SC:

1) enable SC
    2) enable a screen saving mode. (you must do this for SC to work)
    3) enable Phone Call screen saver
    4) tap on settings next to the Phone Call option
    5) configure the settigns and the timeout value
    6) select OK

SC should now work for you during phone calls.

Jeff
    KMeloney tried to point this out, but I think maybe it got missed.

You DON'T NEED any extra software to prevent your cheek from activating on screen buttons on a 650. Just go to Prefs / Keyguard and check one or both of the boxes at the bottom of the screen. The first box turns off touchscreen while the phone is ringing, but re-enables is during a call. The second button turns off the screen during a call, but not while the phone is ringing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    What is SC? Is this standard on the Treo or is it optional software?

Thanks

Marv
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Optional but very good software check www.gotreosoftware.com, it worths a look !
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well ......

Jeff
    ...what about the problem of Task alarms not vibrating? (I've another thread, http://tinyurl.com/dj6mw, which is trying find out how to make this work, and apparently right now it works for no one.)

Since this is a bit off-the-original-topic, if you've a positive reponse, Jeff, could you post in the TreoCentral thread linked to above?

Thanks!

P.S. I guess TinyURL is unnecessary here (just a habit), but it's such a cool idea and site (http://TinyURL.com) that I don't mind plugging its free services.
    Last edited by JohnRylander; 07/21/2005 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Add TinyURL.com link