Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I was getting Hotsync errors during the install and found some previous threads that talked about deleting the files in the Exchange/To subfolder. Like this but that didn't seem to help. Anyway, I then move on to trying to install a map and couldn't get either CD1 or CD2 to open. Finally got CD8 to open the map setup file and sync'd the NorCal map (still getting the above errors). After that was finally done (I still couldn't get any of the maps on CD1 or 2 to install), I start Navigator and am told I need to activate. OK, so I try to go the the "ttcode" site and it doesn't load. Just gives a header error message. I can't enter my product code or my device code to get the required acitviation code. Does anyone else think this whole process is overkill? Do these guy really have that much problem with copied maps? I'd be happy to go through the process but when they can't even provide the tools to do so, I have to believe that this product is not yet ready for prime time....
    Last edited by jrfaris; 07/20/2005 at 05:57 PM.
    ttcode worked well for me.

As for the process. It does seem like overkill. There will be files soon to bypass activation. I saw some for the pocketpc already.
    Same here i have been trying since noon and cold not get the ttcode sight to come up.. its really pissing me off. I just spent $317 and can even use it..
    Anyone else got it to work?
  4.    #4  
    I JUST GOT TTCODE TO WORK. You might try it again. On to the next step....
    Damit.. I keep getting the mesage (Problem with the conncection try again later)
    You are not alone i have spent 4 hours trying to get the stupid thing to load same connection error on the ttcode site.

this is crazy. takes all day to load then they will not give you activation code.

650 on Verizon Rocks
    Keep refreshing the page.

I got the error alot too but kept refreshing until it worked.
    I got my tomtom navigator 5 activated today. Easy as could be. today after working at it all night.

I spoke with tom tom in regards to hot sync issues failure after installing maps.

I would recomend installing straight to sd card only way i could get maps to load.

the included tomtom gps unit seems to take a long time to connect when you start or restart.

I will start playing with my new tomtom navigator 5
    The manual says if you have a GPRS phone you can activate with that? Is there anyway to activate via a Sprint phone... e.g. without a computer connected to the internet?
    Also, what about batch activating all the maps that come with TomTom. I'd like to have them all installed on my SD card (about 800 megs worth), and then activate them all. Anyone know of a way to do that?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog
    Also, what about batch activating all the maps that come with TomTom. I'd like to have them all installed on my SD card (about 800 megs worth), and then activate them all. Anyone know of a way to do that?
    I only got one activation number after installing my first map. When I copied the rest to the SD card I was able to switch between them w/o reactivating.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8sprint
    the included tomtom gps unit seems to take a long time to connect when you start or restart.
    I've been using Navigator 5 on a road trip this weekend. Have had some difficulty determining how the tomtom gps is intended to function. It often seems to take a long time to connect even though it appears to have a fix. I've taken to exiting and restarting Nav 5 to try to speed it up but not sure that works. Once it connects it works great, even from the glove box. It seems to have an automatic shut off if you don't use it for a while. Also, the two indicator lights are very difficult to see in bright sunlight. Hard to tell if it is on or not....
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I've been using Navigator 5 on a road trip this weekend. Have had some difficulty determining how the tomtom gps is intended to function. It often seems to take a long time to connect even though it appears to have a fix. I've taken to exiting and restarting Nav 5 to try to speed it up but not sure that works. Once it connects it works great, even from the glove box. It seems to have an automatic shut off if you don't use it for a while. Also, the two indicator lights are very difficult to see in bright sunlight. Hard to tell if it is on or not....

Mine will connect in less than 5 seconds everytime if I do the following:

1. Turn on TT GPS unit first....IT MUST HAVE CLEAR LINE OF SIGHT TO THE SKY. (NO TREES, ROOFS, ETC- MUST BE CLEAR VIEW)

2. Wait a few seconds

3. Start TT application on Treo

4. Connection is nearly instant.

NOTE: If you have never used a GPS before- MOST GPS units require a clear line of sight to the sky the entire time they are operating, once they lose this clear view they will disconnect.
    Somehow the TomTom has a "fix" for this, I haven't figured out how they do it, but its pretty amazing. The only caviet here is it MUST have a clear line of sight at START-UP. I have read tons of posting where users say you can keep it in your pocket or glovebox, etc. While this may be true, it is always best if the unit has a clear line of sight. I believe that users are not aware of this and this could be the reason many are reporting it takes a long time to connect. I have been using the TT for 3 weeks now and rarely have a connection issue, and when I do its because I did not turn on the GPS unit first, but in all cases and simple on/off solves the problem.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    That damn activation site is not working! I've been at it for a copule of hours and no joy so far... Does anyone know where to complain about it? This is absolutely ridiculous!
    I just tried the site and it worked fine.

www.ttcode.com

When I first activated the site was having issues but I kept refreshing the page and eventually it worked.
    A-ah, it's not that even the first page doesn't display. This time I get through the first two steps but it craps out before I get any code. Did you actually get a code just now?
    Did you guys continue to refresh the last page (post data each time) OR start from page 1 and keep going through the process. Very frustrating.
    I had to refresh each page individually.
    Previously, we were allowed to activate two devices per product code. I have two Treo 650s, and both showed the same activation code in Navigator 2004. Now they show different activation codes and ttcode will not let me activate a second device.
    I emailed them on this and they stated that their license policy that I agreed to when I installed stated only one device. I have another correspondence in to them about what if and changing to other devices. I'll post when I get a response.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast