Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got the word (from a good source) that palm will be releasing the update the for the cingular on 07/21/05. It was supposed to be out on 07/20/05 but palm couldnt get it up on their site.

Just have to wait and see if it's true or not.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    My your brave. Here's to crossed fingers (and toes, and legs, and, well you get the point... ;-)
    If you're right that IS fantastic and high time! Thanks for the tip...

If you're wrong, you will have to forever bow your head in shame and seek your penance from the TC self-appointed guardians and defenders of injustice.
  4.    #4  
    ya i know. but i got the email today about it so cingular is pretty solid about the release. but it depends on palm because the update is being hosted by palm site. so we will see what plam has to deliver.
    and what will this update entail?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6.    #6  
    here is a copy and paste of that email..

"The long awaited Maintenance release one software upgrade for TREO 650 users is available on PalmOne’s support website now.

All PalmOne users are being notified by PalmOne if they registered their units online.
    Cingular will also be notifying customers via free SMS between 7-20 and 7-27.
    Please make sure you get the word out in your stores and agent locations to ALL sales people that work in your store or company.

This update corrects several issues, most notably improving the stability of the operating system software causing much fewer “Reset” issues for customers when using Versamail and some other 3rd party downloaded applications.

www.palm.com/us/support/CingularUpdate for an important free Treo 650 phone update and software installation instructions. "

but the link above does not work yet
    Ctrl-R, Ctrl-R, Ctrl-R
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Ctrl-R, Ctrl-R, Ctrl-R

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    NEVER MIND, SCREWED UP....
    The current update for Sprint includes other bluetooth carkit support. The unlocked GSM release makes no mention of this.

Will the Cingular update include this. If not when?

mdecaro
    My source tells me there will be no DUN support.*

My source is my 6 year old daughter.
    Is a treo 650 too much for a responsible 6 year old?
    Did anyone figure out how to get back to Cingular FW after installing 1.28 ROW?

(just in case it turns out to actually be good)
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Is a treo 650 too much for a responsible 6 year old?
    Responsibility and maturity are relative terms. Why on earth would a parent buy a $400-$500 phone for a 6 year old?

Despite that fact that a 6 year old is responsible, most probably, his social network is not. If he does not break the phone (while playing et cetra), his friends surely will.

Stalker768
    Last edited by Stalker768; 02/05/2007 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller

Since its not out yet, I would say no.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    [QUOTE=cali0028]here is a copy and paste of that email..
    This update corrects several issues, most notably improving the stability of the operating system software causing much fewer “Reset” issues for customers when using Versamail and some other 3rd party downloaded applications.
    ==================================================

Will the memory system be addressed as in the Sprint June update?
  17.    #17  
    [QUOTE=Playcentric]
    Quote Originally Posted by cali0028
    here is a copy and paste of that email..
    ==================================================

Will the memory system be addressed as in the Sprint June update?
    We are talking about GSM update not CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller

I've been trying to install the old 1.21, 1.15, etc.. then loading the cingular 1.04 but they all say incompatible.. I think we're screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cali0028
    We are talking about GSM update not CDMA.
    The Treo650 memory system should be the same across carriers. It was address in the June Sprint update that relieved more free memory.

Hope this Cingular GSM update will include the memory fix as well.
    Is it 1.28 or 1.30?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast