higher than GSM unlocked version?
    Cingular did more updates/bug fixes?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    gadgetinspector,
    you got your hand in new update ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetinspector
    For those interested in this Cingular update:

2) It does NOT have a "Select Network" menu in the Phone app with a Cingular SIM
    That doesn't matter. We have already figured a way around that. Give me 5 minutes with the new phone file and i should be able to fix it for the new update too.

Link to article:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91143
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Now we need a way to get from 1.28 to 1.31
    Where's that dang update?
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Where's that dang update?
    Well, I'm ready to pull the plug this week and go ROW...

Has anyone out there been able to hack any of the current Cingular ROMs out there, so there's an option to go back to Cingular (from the ROW rom), and then install the new Cingular offering -- if it ever comes out? My understanding is that right now once you go ROW, anything new from Cingular will check and see that you don't have a Cingular rom -- and won't let you upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I just do not understand what is taking them so long? Sprint will be on their 3rd release and Verizon their 2nd before Cingular gets their 1st out the door.
    Because 98% of Cingular's people work in advertising the remaining 2% consists of incompotent customer service reps and clueless management.
    Don't get me started on how useless, un-professional and full of it Cingular is...

If getting the update is as painful as it was getting a check for the overcharge they deducted from my checking account (blaming me all the way) then I won't hold my breath for an update.

I can't wait for my two years to be over. It may even be worth it to pay the penalty and get away from them as fast as I can.
    so no word yet on update??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I just got confirmation! It will be put on the Palm website as soon as they are ready to release it.

Seriously, to all that keep posting asking about updates. Just be patient. Whether you like Palm, Cingular, etc. or not it isn't going to speed up a release. The best thing everyone can do is NOT post to this site until they have something worthwhile to post. Like confirmation of the download being available to us all. Until then, we are wating each other's time.
    so, no word yet on the update?

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Got fowarded an internal email from inside Cingular. The firmware will be posted tonight at 5pm Pacific time on palm's website.

Here's some details of whats in it:

-Optimizes memory handling. (basicly similar to what Fat32 did to Fat16 for you computer geeks out there)

- VersaMail imporvements

- Voice quality enhancements : one of the most important detail under this was "Echo cancellation improved" I really hope they fixed this one.

- Some battery life improvements.

- Blue Tooth DUN. Althought there is a mention of customeres adding a "Data Connect" plan if they wish to not get charged for significant overage.

Some of those points go into more detail but you get the jist of it.

Also there is notes that Cingular will release a Non-Camera version of the 650. Cingular Blue will have it first though with Orange to follow shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    I just got confirmation! It will be put on the Palm website as soon as they are ready to release it.

Seriously, to all that keep posting asking about updates. Just be patient. Whether you like Palm, Cingular, etc. or not it isn't going to speed up a release. The best thing everyone can do is NOT post to this site until they have something worthwhile to post. Like confirmation of the download being available to us all. Until then, we are wating each other's time.
    I disagree. This is probably the premier forum relating directly to the 650, and I think it's kind of silly to think that noone at Palm notices the angst that this delayed release has created amonst its active users. Voicing that dissatisfaction here is the natural result of there being no responsive or solicited communication avenues with Palm. (Cingular, on the other hand, well my opinion of them has dropped to the point where I might believe they'd never bother to read anything here! Ha! At least people can be a bit warned by what they read, though. )

In addition, I like to see some grousing from other people about this. Forums like this are about community, and if you can't grouse here then I don't know what. Most certainly, if you feel like it's a waste of time, then don't read the posts here. My advice would be to just go to the update page if you're concerned with that.
    Nice People Suck Less.
    I all for Grousing on this site, but can't one thread be devoted to real information about the thread, not a million off topic rants?
    I am still unable to find this Cingular update?? Can you provide an url that will take me there? I have checked on the Cingular and Palm site. Perhaps it is my newbiness that keeps me from finding it......any help?
    the Baer
    You can't find it because it's not available yet. Someone else just posted in a new thread it should be available this evening after 5PM PST...we'll see...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    suuurrrreeee
    ok sooooo since no flaming has occurred because the last guy who said the ROW update was coming and got flamed for it and he was right....... I say if no update at 5 pm, let the flaming commence )
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    ok sooooo since no flaming has occurred because the last guy who said the ROW update was coming and got flamed for it and he was right....... I say if no update at 5 pm, let the flaming commence )
    Not only did he get flamed when he was right, but he got flamed because he wouldn't post a screenshot of his firmware. This recent guy is really getting off easy.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    ....... I say if no update at 5 pm, let the flaming commence )
    eastern or pacific ??
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast