1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what changes were made with 2.2.7.01? I noticed on my old version all my email gets deleted. Not sure why. I hope this fixes that.
    I've had that version for quite awhile....this is not new.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Yeah, no kidding. I've been checking the page every day now, and all I read is slience.

Why does it take this company so long to be innovative? Chatter is looking VERY good at this point, barring any stability issues (I'm on Snapper b/c if my Treo crashes, I will be fired from my job )

I mean, push and checking mail without turning the screen on would be great for starters. Not to mention formatting messages correctly and attachments (gmail) appearing as attachments (not a holy scroller of letters/numbers).

Oh well. And we wait......
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Why does it take this company so long to be innovative? Chatter is looking VERY good at this point, barring any stability issues (I'm on Snapper b/c if my Treo crashes, I will be fired from my job )
    If your job depends upon the Treo's stability (regardless of what e-mail client you use)... well that's a pretty thin rope to hang by.

I'm kidding, but seriously, speaking as a recent convert to Chatter: I find Chatter to be more stable than Snapper - especially on the Treo. The developer of Chatter gives you the option to live out on the edge by downloading nearly daily beta updates (!), but if your job depended upon it, there's always the latest stable build he offers. And I've found his stable builds to be very stable.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    I did a search for "snappermail" and a whole bunch of threads came up. After the 2nd page I gave up looking and decided to post it. Sorry if it's been mentioned. Since you've had this version for quite some time, have you seen any bugs on it? As I mentioned before, the earlier version I had would once in a while show me an empty Inbox. Had to resort to restoring Snapper everytime this happened. Have you experienced this before and if so, has this version eliminated that problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I did a search for "snappermail" and a whole bunch of threads came up. After the 2nd page I gave up looking and decided to post it. Sorry if it's been mentioned. Since you've had this version for quite some time, have you seen any bugs on it? As I mentioned before, the earlier version I had would once in a while show me an empty Inbox. Had to resort to restoring Snapper everytime this happened. Have you experienced this before and if so, has this version eliminated that problem?
    Unfortunately this version has not eliminated the empty Inbox problem. We are all waiting. I'm using Chatter now, as it's catching up to Snapper in the quality of the user interface and already does background push. When full HTML rendering and SD card storage debut on a stable build of Chatter (which should happen very soon), I have a feeling that Snapper's popularity may decline further. As I have free life-time upgrades on Snapper, I will continue to try new versions as they come out, if for no other reason than to have a back-up plan for Chatter.
    Overall I havent had many problems....I have never seen the empty mailbox issue, but I generally empty my mailbox frequently to save ram.

Every now and then it will crash, otherwise I am happy.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/history.cfm

For me, v2.2.5 was the biggest improvement as now you can 'Attach from' with images and videos from the 'Media' or 'Pictures and Video' built-in app.

Version 2.2.7
    2005.06.06 PUBLIC RELEASE

* FIXED
    o * Replied messages that don't quote original are now marked as replied.
    o * Treo650: Disappearing graffiti shift indicator while composing fixed.
    o * IMAP: Improved AOL support.
    o * IMAP: Syncing sent messages fixed.

Version 2.2.6
    2005.04.17 PUBLIC RELEASE

* FIXED
    o * Exit SnapperMail without 'chunk over-locked' issue on Treo650 and Tungsten|T5.
    o * Deleting last defined account while composing message fixed.
    o * IMAP: 'Fetch More now' option fixed.
    o * IMAP: Synced Draft messages remain editable.

Version 2.2.5
    2005.04.12 PUBLIC RELEASE

* NEW!
    o * Additional font support on the Treo650 and Tungsten|T5.
    o * IMAP: Full syncing of server Drafts, Sent and Trash folders.
    o * IMAP: Move messages between IMAP accounts and local folders.
    o * IMAP: Offline message moving.
    * FIXED
    o * Treo650: 'mailto:' URL reset issue caused by VersaMail.
    o * Treo650: You can now 'Attach from' with images and videos from the 'Media' or 'Pictures and Video' built-in app.
    o * NVFS: Numerous changes to avoid low memory conditions with NVFS.
    o * POP3: 'Delete Off Server' popup menu entry reinstated.
    o * IMAP: Various issues that could cause sync to fail.
    o * IMAP: Improved Mailblocks.com support.
    o * IMAP: IMAP servers using '\' to separate mailbox names.
    o * IMAP: Issue with international mailbox names.
    o * IMAP: Read-only folders will not be purged.
    o * Some SMTP servers marked outgoing SnapperMail messages as spam.
    o * Some SMTP servers modified SnapperMail message dates.
    o * Various virtual Grafitti issues.
    o * Selection issue in message list.
    o * Issue with 'References:' header generation on outgoing messages.
    o * 'Receive This Folder' works correctly when multiple POP accounts point to the local Inbox.
    * CHANGED
    o * Standard and bold fonts can now be selected for message viewing.
    o * Minor performance improvement when downloading new messages.
    o * CARD: Archives all messages except outgoing regardless of folder.
    o * CARD: Archiving no longer depends on user Hotsync name.
    o * CARD: Archiving will not be performed if not required.
    o * CARD: Archiving '3am' task time can now be modified by the user on the Preferences->Storage tab.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Until Snapper can sync my mail in the background I will never be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    If your job depends upon the Treo's stability (regardless of what e-mail client you use)... well that's a pretty thin rope to hang by.

I'm kidding, but seriously, speaking as a recent convert to Chatter: I find Chatter to be more stable than Snapper - especially on the Treo. The developer of Chatter gives you the option to live out on the edge by downloading nearly daily beta updates (!), but if your job depended upon it, there's always the latest stable build he offers. And I've found his stable builds to be very stable.

which build might that be? Can you kindly leave a link? Thanks! Cheers!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Where/how can I upgrade from Enterprise version 2.0.4.01 to the current version? There is no 'update' feature in the menu options in Snappermail.

Thanks!
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    You need to go back to the snapper website & go to customer log in, once you log in, you'll have the option to download the new version.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeMan
    Where/how can I upgrade from Enterprise version 2.0.4.01 to the current version? There is no 'update' feature in the menu options in Snappermail.
    You need to download it from the Snapper website.

http://www.snappermail.net/sus/login.cfm
    Trouble is, I bought my phone through eBay and it came with the software already on it from the previous owner. Guess I have to pony up the full price then?
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeMan
    Trouble is, I bought my phone through eBay and it came with the software already on it from the previous owner. Guess I have to pony up the full price then?

if i hadn't already paid $50.00 for the premier ed. snapper i would switch to chatter now. since you haven't paid anything, i'd really look into chatter if i were you.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio