1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm missing the menu, but I've had other cell phones that sound an alert when a call is dropped - so you don't go on rambling to dead air. Does the Treo have this? Where?

Thanks!!
    This would be nice.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Sound Preferences, Phone, Tones, Service Tone - On
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    that tone only sounds when your phone goes to no service. i think he is talking about while you're in the middle of a phone conversation and the call just drops. this service tone option doesnt do the latter.
    Lightwav has an option for this.
    My Sprint T650 has this feature. A funky little chime sound when a call is dropped. I believe the previous post is correct as to where to find it!
  7.    #7  
    I appreciate the feedback on my request. I tried Lightwav and it sorta did what I want, but not really.

It has a control for "disconnect", but then it kicks in every time I hang up on a call and continues to ring until I stop it. This isn't the elegant solution I was hoping for to signal a dropped call. My other phone (Samsung Verizon) had a simple beep when a call got dropped.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!
    For some reason there's a bug with the hang up sound.

If you use one of the built in sounds it keeps repeating. If you use an Mp3 it'll only play it once. I used an Mp3 version of the sound of a new AIM message being received for my disconnect and it only plays once.
    Thanks for the tip lg. Tried with the midi and had the same repeat problem. Will try the mp3 option
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."