Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, there.

Just wanted everyone to know that the last two "major" features for ChatterEmail 1.1 are now in beta (full HTML rendering and SD card support).

What makes Chatter's SD card support particularly interesting is that it stores ALL emails on the card, and therefore requires no "archiving" procedure. 10,000 messages would generate ca. 650k in RAM. Also, the RAM portion can be reproduced from the SD card, so my expectation is that NVFS cache issues should be largely mitigated, if not entirely mooted.

The list of UNIQUE ChatterEmail features includes:

Asynchronous operation (no waiting and progress bars)
    True push (IMAP) without monthly fees*
    SMS triggered sync**
    Real-time message updating (IMAP)*
    Server Folder Search (IMAP)
    Filtered Mailboxes (IMAP)
    Lots of notification options (sound/vibrate/LED, per mailbox)
    Summary Mode
    Full SD Card Mailboxes***
    Background SSL Support****
    FREE UPGRADES ALWAYS

*With compatible IMAP server
    **Requires server that can send SMS alerts for new messages
    ***Newer beta versions; coming to stable release soon
    ****WIth optional Matrix SSL package

My expectation that a stable 1.1 will be available by mid-August.

Marc
    must...download...now...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Any luck with that Verizon Wireless Sync trigger? That is the main thing I've been waiting for before I purchase.
    Cool. Good job, Marc.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    JayKaps - I'm going just as fast as I can... But I've been in the middle of the SD card thing for a while, and needed to get it clean and into beta.

Marc
    Ah okay, no problemo - thanks!
    Im looking forward to the html email.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I've been running the SD card beta version since this afternoon. I have to say I'm very impressed! One small stat - I've set a mailbox to fetch 120 days worth of messages:

932 messages @ 3000 bytes max each
    2140k on the SD card
    41k in RAM

It's huge for me to be able to carry this many messages (and more) with me. Thanks, Marc for the continued improvements in Chatter!

Pete
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Marc,

I guess your gonna keep on until I buy this app
  10.    #10  
    deanfx - My motto is "No Treo User Left Behind".

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank

Marc
    Ha ha ... that's great, love it!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Why doesn't HTML display in pop3 accounts like Gmail?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**

Marc
    Hey Marc,

Does this also mean those of us who's IT dept (Exchange 2003) won't support IMAP or POP?

I don't really understand the technical aspects of a Treo email client. David at Nextwork is trying to create a program that "goes directly against Exchange". Does Chattermail do this? If not, do you have any plans for making it do this in the future? Sounds from these boards that you are an awesome developer who DELIVERS!

Sure, Nextmail (Alpha version, from the sounds of it) is out now, but it sounds incredibly buggy. I would need to wait until it was bullet-proof before trying that one again. If Chatter would do the same thing, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
  14.    #14  
    tDot - We'll see... It's certainly possible there will be something for Exchange users...

webby - What version of Chatter are you using?

Marc
    great job marc..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I'm using 1.0.7b18

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Okay, now I'm using the latest beta build and still can't view HTML in my gmail POP3 account. It is like that for me in my AOL IMAP account too now. Before it wasn't.

18.    #18  
    There's a preference that needs to be set in Message View preferences - "Display HTML When Possible"

Marc

p.s. Use "reload" on the Mailbox to get older messages to be viewable in HTML.
    Marc, you had me at "Hi, there." (sniff)
    Last edited by lawilson2; 07/21/2005 at 10:42 PM. Reason: correction
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Hi, there.

Just wanted everyone to know that the last two "major" features for ChatterEmail 1.1 are now in beta (full HTML rendering and SD card support).

What makes Chatter's SD card support particularly interesting is that it stores ALL emails on the card, and therefore requires no "archiving" procedure. 10,000 messages would generate ca. 650k in RAM. Also, the RAM portion can be reproduced from the SD card, so my expectation is that NVFS cache issues should be largely mitigated, if not entirely mooted.

The list of UNIQUE ChatterEmail features includes:

Asynchronous operation (no waiting and progress bars)
    True push (IMAP) without monthly fees*
    SMS triggered sync**
    Real-time message updating (IMAP)*
    Server Folder Search (IMAP)
    Filtered Mailboxes (IMAP)
    Lots of notification options (sound/vibrate/LED, per mailbox)
    Summary Mode
    Full SD Card Mailboxes***
    Background SSL Support****
    FREE UPGRADES ALWAYS

*With compatible IMAP server
    **Requires server that can send SMS alerts for new messages
    ***Newer beta versions; coming to stable release soon
    ****WIth optional Matrix SSL package

My expectation that a stable 1.1 will be available by mid-August.

Marc
    I am looking forward to version 1.1 of ChatterMail. I converted from SnapperMail after messages were lost for the third time. The one thing that keep me a Snapper user so long the feature of moving messages from RAM to SD card. It looks like you have come a long way in your development. I currently using version 1.0.6.4 of ChatterMail. Here is few questions about your new feature, and pardon me if you have already answers.

1. In the version Snapper I uses when a partially loaded message was an archived the rest of the message could never again be retrieved. So I always fetched only the full messages which took a long time. But if a message is archived I would only want full messages. What is your plan to cover this problem?

2. I read somewhere that your implementation will be able to recover lost data in RAM from the SD card. Are going to provide a method of backing up SD card data or will relay on other backup software?

3. What is your plan when to handle more than one SD cards? Will all messages form SD card 1 go away when SD card 2 is inserted, and return when SD card 1 is reinserted?

4. With all IO devices there will be case where you will get an I/O error (with SD cards that do not have moving part this should be less likely), but a common error will be card full. What will you do to recover from I/O errors?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast