1.    #1  
    I recently upgraded from a 600 to a 650. The 650 is awesome and no regrets.

I also bought several bluetooth headsets with the goal of finding one that works properly and the others would be returned

I actually wear hearing aids, so I am looking for something that has good volume and sound quality. If it has redial etc... - that would be great, but not the most important feature I am looking for.

I tested sound using the following method. I would make a call to my office voice mail and to my "cell phone" voice mail. I did this from my car doing 60 on the freeway. I would leave a message and during the message turn on the radio, roll down the driver window (close it) and roll down a passenger window. I would then playback my messages.

This gave me a good feel for how I would hear and how the other person (recorded message) heard it. This allowed me to be more objective than a friends opinion.

I tried the Jabra 250v - and I was very unhappy. Mainly the fit didn't feel right. It was the largest and most uncomfortable. I didn't even bother doing sound tests.

The Plantronics M2500 was next. It has awesome volume. You can even use a Jabra gel for it and it's almost too loud (from a deaf guy). It's a little bigger than some, and a little uncomfortable behind the ear (I am used to a tiny hearing aid back there so this was much bigger).

I also got the Palmone branded Treo headset. Great feel, but terrible sound quality (both mine and the person on the other end). One nice feature is that it's power cord also powers the 650. So price-wise, you are getting an extra Treo 650 power cord!

The Logitech Freedom has awesome volume and is one of the top sound qualities on both ends. This is one awesome unit! It is a little weak on certain sound-frequencies, or this would be the one I settled on. I did keep it and use this as my backup. It's inexpensive and GREAT for folks that aren't 70% deaf.

I went out on a limb and tried the Sony HSH-662. The sound quality on both ends is GREAT. At first, this was a challenge. I loved it, but it didn't fit in my ear right. I tried the Jabra Gels folks recommended, but the don't fit the 662 - only the 660 (I even tried glue - but it wouldn't hold).

If anyone knows how to glue them, please let me know (or of other gels that fit).

But I did find a way to make this fit and awesome loud, without the gels. You simply use the ear hook from underneath the ear. So I place the headset in my ear and then push the ear hook up and behind the ear (click the image for a larger view).

http://www.ephotohut.net/tb/200705151216.jpg

I ordered some Slicsound gels, but I am not holding my breath to see if they fit. I also emailed them, but they never replied (wish they had better customer service).
    thanks for the tests. i'm looking for a bt headset now, but there are so many choices.

i'm looking at the palmone compact, sony ericsson HBH-300 and HBH-660. Is the 662 a newer model or is the 660 a typo?
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
  3.    #3  
    The 662 is almost the same as the 660. It adds Bluetooth 1.2 compatibilty and it is a little different form factor.

The 662 has the earpiece on a bit of an angle. I bought some eargels from Hello Direct that fit it perfectly. The slicsound.com eargels also fit it very well.

I am very happy with the 662.
    I also have the HBH662 and am trying various positions for it. There are times I forget it is there; however, there are also those times when I find it exceedingly uncomfortable. Volume is also a concern, as it sounds a bit tinny on my end. Ben
    I have the HBH662 and superglued the Jabra Eargels. Make sure you have the right Jabra gels with the "wings" at the bottom area
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I am still sticking with the Sony HBH662, though I do find it uncomfortable after a couple of hours of wear. Also as a note, I have found the HBH662 to be "sensitive" to the home network. When home, the phone icon stays displayed resulting in a dead battery. Out of the house away from the network and it does just fine, giving me more than the advertised 5 hours of time.

Ben

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    I recently upgraded from a 600 to a 650. The 650 is awesome and no regrets.

I also bought several bluetooth headsets with the goal of finding one that works properly and the others would be returned

I actually wear hearing aids, so I am looking for something that has good volume and sound quality. If it has redial etc... - that would be great, but not the most important feature I am looking for.

I tested sound using the following method. I would make a call to my office voice mail and to my "cell phone" voice mail. I did this from my car doing 60 on the freeway. I would leave a message and during the message turn on the radio, roll down the driver window (close it) and roll down a passenger window. I would then playback my messages.

This gave me a good feel for how I would hear and how the other person (recorded message) heard it. This allowed me to be more objective than a friends opinion.

I tried the Jabra 250v - and I was very unhappy. Mainly the fit didn't feel right. It was the largest and most uncomfortable. I didn't even bother doing sound tests.

The Plantronics M2500 was next. It has awesome volume. You can even use a Jabra gel for it and it's almost too loud (from a deaf guy). It's a little bigger than some, and a little uncomfortable behind the ear (I am used to a tiny hearing aid back there so this was much bigger).

I also got the Palmone branded Treo headset. Great feel, but terrible sound quality (both mine and the person on the other end). One nice feature is that it's power cord also powers the 650. So price-wise, you are getting an extra Treo 650 power cord!

The Logitech Freedom has awesome volume and is one of the top sound qualities on both ends. This is one awesome unit! It is a little weak on certain sound-frequencies, or this would be the one I settled on. I did keep it and use this as my backup. It's inexpensive and GREAT for folks that aren't 70% deaf.

I went out on a limb and tried the Sony HSH-662. The sound quality on both ends is GREAT. At first, this was a challenge. I loved it, but it didn't fit in my ear right. I tried the Jabra Gels folks recommended, but the don't fit the 662 - only the 660 (I even tried glue - but it wouldn't hold).

If anyone knows how to glue them, please let me know (or of other gels that fit).

But I did find a way to make this fit and awesome loud, without the gels. You simply use the ear hook from underneath the ear. So I place the headset in my ear and then push the ear hook up and behind the ear (click the image for a larger view).

http://www.ephotohut.net/tb/200705151216.jpg

I ordered some Slicsound gels, but I am not holding my breath to see if they fit. I also emailed them, but they never replied (wish they had better customer service).