1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I have what may be a unique situation. Hopefully not.

I am doing some IT/eCommerce consultation for a client. This client has a pizza delivery company, and we need to be able to have an audible alert signal the drivers that a new order has arrived.

Currently, on a regular PC, we use a very small .wav file(<2k) to do the signalling. It works superbly. However, the default, Blazer Browser does not function in this capacity. Even though at the product demonstration we were told that Treo 650 would function with html loaded .wav files.

I would hate to think that in this day and age there is NO solution for this. Even if we had to use a different file format, rather than .wav that would be acceptable.

Thoughts, Ideas, Concerns?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Ron Chaplin
    T73 Software & Design
    You would be better off with a SMS sending program. Am I right to assume that you would have them keep the browser open to have it automatically refresh?

I fail to understand the logic behind a web based solution to a cell phone....

SMS and even a dedicated phone line make more sense. One can always custom program a ringer to a certain phone number on any phone device.

If you are trying to signal to a person who is 'looking up a website' you are much better off showing a visual "screen blink" then an annoying and perhaps inaudible sound on a cell phone.

-SB
    T650 - it will terminate itself!!