1.    #1  
    i haven't tried jungle port, because i have very little room on my ovdx... and i love vindigo, and i like mapopolis a whole lot, but my problem is this:

as a new yorker, i live in a relatively hot neighborhood in brooklyn, but still spend a good deal of time in manhattan... vindigo doesn't deal with brooklyn, (too big?) so if i want to go somewhere out of my neighborhood, i'm sort of at sea...

i usually use vindigo, mapopolis, and a tinyviewer subway map in tandem. what i really want is mapopolis to have subway maps, but they tell me if i want that i have to create my own maplet for it. obviously, that cs guy has never been to new york because the subway system is so complex it took me an hour to enter 10 stops on one line via the maplet system.

so i guess i have a coupla questions for the jungleporters: is mass transit included? and is the street detail as complex as mapopolis? and (if you're a new yorker) how's brooklyn look, business-wise...

in search of the perfect urban tracking app...
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    Matty - have a question - what is a "maplet"? I live close to Boston and am not aware yet, of any product that has the "T" (MBTA)in a Palm format. I have Boston loaded via Mapopolis, but it does not have the mass transit system on it.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    djpritchard
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by djpritchard
    Matty - have a question - what is a "maplet"? I live close to Boston and am not aware yet, of any product that has the "T" (MBTA)in a Palm format. I have Boston loaded via Mapopolis, but it does not have the mass transit system on it.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    dave --

a maplet is a new thing offered in the beta of mapopolis 2.0 (accessible at http://www.mapopolis.com ) which basically copies whatever map you want and makes it possible to add landmarks. so when i contacted mapopolis about subway stops, the guy suggested i create my own maplet, which i could then post on the site for other users... i.e.: a perfect example of task-delegation.

anyway, as to the t, check out http://www.memoware.com . i have a subway map in fireviewer format that i got there, and i know there were a ton of other mass transit maps... i can't recall if the t was one of them. the big problem is, especialy with cities like boston and dc where the lines are known by and reffered to with their color on the map, a 4-bit grey rendition is lacking -- same goes for nyc, too, even tho' we primarily use numbers and letters: when looking at the map, you look for color...
    exit, pursued by a bear.