Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi all,

This is kinda weird. My treo 650 screen will light up for about 30 seconds to a minute and then shut back off for about a minute. It just keeps cycling through this way with the phone being untouched by me. I have tryed both soft and hard resets without loading any secondary software / programs afterwards but it still does it. I have also turned the phone off and it still does it. There are no messages (emails / sms) pending either. Obviously battery life is a concern here, as it is draining fast throughout the day because of this problem. I have the latest update rom from sprint loaded also.

Anyone had this happen? If so, did you find a fix for it?

Thanks,
    Mike
    This happens when the phone changes to or from a roaming mode. If you are in an area of marginal reception, this can happen without moving from place to place. I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hmmmmmmm.............yeah...........I have just noticed this and I am at home. I only have one bar showing on the signal strength meter.........so thats probably it. Thanks a million Tazzo!
    Yeah, this isn't covered 3,659,251 times on this forum alone.
    This was happening to me for awhile and then i turned the sound on and realized that real player was playing and everytime it switched to a new song it lights up...
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Yeah, this isn't covered 3,659,251 times on this forum alone.
    so what did they say?
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pope
    so what did they say?
    Search
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by n4cer
    Hi all,

This is kinda weird. My treo 650 screen will light up for about 30 seconds to a minute and then shut back off for about a minute. It just keeps cycling through this way with the phone being untouched by me. I have tryed both soft and hard resets without loading any secondary software / programs afterwards but it still does it. I have also turned the phone off and it still does it. There are no messages (emails / sms) pending either. Obviously battery life is a concern here, as it is draining fast throughout the day because of this problem. I have the latest update rom from sprint loaded also.

Anyone had this happen? If so, did you find a fix for it?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hey Mike...

Yeah, I had this happen twice recently....In my case, I had a moldy appointment on August 16th with 1 alert and no repeats set. I had forgotten to clear it out. The screen lighting up problem went away after I cleared the old appointment out.

Chuck