Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. UFGATOR's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone else noticed that the newest version of Verichat (2.86 Beta) attempts to connect to the Verichat network every so often even when the command to not connect unless Verichat is launched is choosen? I have noticed a major battery drainage problem with this and can't seem to find a way to prevent verichat from attempting to connect to its own network. Any suggestions or others with this problem? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Have you tried:

    system> prefs> network> disconnect

    Does that stop the connection process?
  3. UFGATOR's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
       #3  
    Yeah, I have tried that. For some reason this is causing a major battery loss without even connecting to Sprint Vision network. I haven't made any other changes to my phone in a long time and I have tried using two different batteries. So I know it isnt the battery gone bad or any other programs doing this. Something in Verichat is causing a major battery drain and it is even happeneing when the phone off the Sprint Network altogether. I have even tried erasing verichat and reloading it, with the same results.
  4. #4  
    I think I have had a similar problem, albeit occasionally, since upgrading to 2.86. It has only happened twice to me AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...$Has$ $not$ $happened$ $in$ $about$ $a$ $week$ $now$.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by UFGATOR
    Yeah, I have tried that. For some reason this is causing a major battery loss without even connecting to Sprint Vision network. I haven't made any other changes to my phone in a long time and I have tried using two different batteries. So I know it isnt the battery gone bad or any other programs doing this. Something in Verichat is causing a major battery drain and it is even happeneing when the phone off the Sprint Network altogether. I have even tried erasing verichat and reloading it, with the same results.
    Other people have had similiar issues -- and it ended up being some corrupt 3rd party file somewhere. They fixed it by doing a clean reload:

    hot sync (to back up your data)
    rename your palm backup folder on your PC to backup_old
    hard reset (Treo will then be in the out of box state)
    hot sync (you will only get your PIM data back)(no 3rd party programs--as they were in the backup folder)
    reload all 3rd party stuff manually from scratch, one by one.

    See if the problem re-occurs(after each new software reloaded) -- that could be a problem piece of software.

    Cheers, Perry.

Posting Permissions