Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have recently bought an unlocked GSM Treo 650. It came with ROM 1.13 already installed. I definitely saw this question about unknown numbers popping up, and disabled it.
    On the other hand, I remember that on the first day there was a "phone preferences" in the phone menu, which contained some options, including this one. This was also accessible via the Prefs application, under "Phone".
    Now, as many here report, this "phone preferences" function has disappeared! It was there when the Treo was used the first day, it is not there anymore. Can anyone provide an explanation?
    As an additional information, the Treo initially contained this application called "dcinstaller", which I deleted after reading some posts here. Could it be that deleting "dcinstaller" we lose the "phone preferences" menu item?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    For completeness, the preferences options that I now get on my phone app are:
    - General
    - Sound
    - Call
    - Dial

No sign of the "phone preferences", although I am pretty sure it was there when I opened the box.
    Yea sirox...you're totally screwed!

Prolly need to hard reset and/or re-flash your ROM or something like that....
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    From what I read on this thread, this is a problem that all GSM Treos have.
    I have made a search on the forum, and this disappearing "phone preferences" menu item is a common issue on the latest ROM.
    On this thread, someone has said that a hard-reset has not brought it back.
    Anybody has an idea what this thing is all about?
    I think the Cingular SIM card is disabling this feature. Try another SIM from T-mobile on your unlocked GSM Treo

Was your Treo originally a Cingular phone (that was unlocked by the user)?

Wich firmware does it have .. CNG or ROW?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Someone elsewhere said that deleting SavedPreferences file (and losing all your registration information!!!) will bring this back..

I'm not so sure. A hard reset accomplishes the same thing .. and you said that that does not bring this back ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I am in the UK, I have an unbranded Treo (1.13 ROW).
    I haven't tried a hard reset, but someone on this thread has, apparently.
    I have read too the "deleting saved preferences" method, but that's scary. I would rather get someone to find out the specific record in "Saved Prefs" that is responsible for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I think the Cingular SIM card is disabling this feature. Try another SIM from T-mobile on your unlocked GSM Treo

Was your Treo originally a Cingular phone (that was unlocked by the user)?

Wich firmware does it have .. CNG or ROW?
    I have an unlocked GSM 650 with an AT&T SIM and I have this problem. I have 1.13-ROW
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12