Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have had Inbox to go for a couple years now and it works fine except that it doesn't push email. My subscription is up fpor renewal and it appears that Chatteremail is getting all the chatter/raves.
    Can someone here compare the two? The deal is that i need to be able to receive word and excel documents as attachments, edit them and then send them out. I have Docs to go so I can do it with Inbox to go, now.

Should I dump inbox to go and switch over to chatter? Why?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
    There's a 30 day trial. I'd recommend just trying it out. You still need Docs to Go to edit, obviously.
    What kind of email are you using with Inbox? Pop or Imap? I'm guessing pop. I have no problem sending docs back and forth with chatter on an Imap acct...havent tried it with the pop capability.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Chatter is great if you aren't using SprintPCS. I myself, along with many others, have tried it and it is way too buggy on the SprintPCS network. I have heard that it is great on the GSM networks.

I was hoping that it would have worked well for SprintPCS. Where I work we sell a ton of Treo's and are always getting asked if it works like a Blackberry or if there is a way to make it work like a Blackberry. I am anxiously awaiting Chatter to be SprintPCS compatible so that I can say YES. These customers would LOVE IT!!!. I could move so many from the Blackberry platform.

I am confident that the Chatteremail developer will get it working...but it is still way too buggy to use in an otherwise stable Treo environment.
    After using chatter for quite a while now (at a workplace where I and others are sprint/chatter users), I can assure you that in general, chatter is perfectly compatible with sprint treo 650's. In conjunction with fastmail and chatter, we get push e-mail and our phones have been quite stable.
    I have a sprint 600 and it works fine. When you say it acts buggy, in what ways?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mykul
    Chatter is great if you aren't using SprintPCS. I myself, along with many others, have tried it and it is way too buggy on the SprintPCS network. I have heard that it is great on the GSM networks.

I was hoping that it would have worked well for SprintPCS. Where I work we sell a ton of Treo's and are always getting asked if it works like a Blackberry or if there is a way to make it work like a Blackberry. I am anxiously awaiting Chatter to be SprintPCS compatible so that I can say YES. These customers would LOVE IT!!!. I could move so many from the Blackberry platform.

I am confident that the Chatteremail developer will get it working...but it is still way too buggy to use in an otherwise stable Treo environment.
    I have Treo 650 on SprintPCS. About a month a go I switched from Snapper Mail to Chatter Mail v 1.06.04 and only problem I have is one of my phone calls (that I know of) went to voice mail when to voice mail while I assume an email was being pushed. I use Fastmail IMAP and my Sprint ROM version is 1.12. I have not had any battery problems either. In my option Chatter Mail is probability more stable than my old Snapper Mail. I have not had any resets during that period.
    So, if I switch to Chatter I can dump Versamail?

I have an account with Cox (POP), so it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I have a sprint 600 and it works fine. When you say it acts buggy, in what ways?
    Exactly! Who said anything about Sprint/Chatter being buggy? Where did this come from.

Works great here too.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    So, if I switch to Chatter I can dump Versamail?

I have an account with Cox (POP), so it should work.
    You will have to get an email account with someone else so that you can use their SMTP server to send email. Cox will not allow you to send unless you are using their server.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    'Cause monkeys chatter all day, y'know...
    Last edited by mediasi; 07/20/2005 at 10:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Chatter supports POP mail. I think with Cox though that you have to use your phones smtp server to sent email (I don't remember of Cox supports relaying)...so for sprint, your smtp would be: smtp.sprintpcs.com (if your Cing or Tmo or Ver, look for what the settings would be.)

Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    'Cause monkeys chatter all day, y'know...
    Yes I do. I freely admit my Chatter Fan Boy ways.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

this is simply not true
    I have used Inbox to go since my Treo 300. I find it very reliable.
    Pros,
    Seldom have a problem
    I can use their SMTP server to send out emails
    Cons
    $49/yr
    No push (but I really don't need this)

I only sync wirelessly when I am away from my laptop.

However, if push is what I really needed, I would go with Chatter.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    $49 a year is too steep for me (another pro for Marc...lifetime upgrades...one time fee ;-)

Aren't the MANY others you refer to, one perhaps two people in the chattermail forum having a problem?

Better shut it down, Marc...your product must suck.