Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I've just started using Realplayer on the 650 to listen to hour long messages and am wondering if any of the other players on the market will resume playback at the point playback was stopped? ie... halfway into the message I stop and come back to it an hour later. CD & DVD players do so I'd assume one of these players will...?? Realplayer doesn't.

Also, I really dislike having to use a 2.5 > 3.5 adapter and I assume I can cut the 3.5 jack off of my headphones and replace it with a 2.5 90degree connector. Has anyone else done that?

David...
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    TCPMP *might resume audio files after a stop. I know it does video files like you want.
    http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about

I use an adapter that I purchased from treocentrals store. It is far superior to any other I tried.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...discussion_hot
    Pocket Tunes will pick up where you left off (try the trial version and you;ll awant to buy it. THere is also a free skin with buttons that will FF/Reveres in 5 / 15/ 30 second increments (or so) so that listingin to long messages (podcasts) is not so tedius.
    Just about every player excluding Real has the resume functionality. They also have fast-forwarding functionality.

I personally use Aeroplayer because it provides the best output (mostly the bass is better than PTunes) and that's the whole reason I got an mp3 player. My only 2 gripes with it are it skipping constantly while Blazer is open (even after the page has been rendered) and it doesn't fast-forward in increments like PTunes does.

As for audio books or long messages, PTunes would primarily suit you better because of the fast-forwarding thing...and you prolly wouldn't notice too much difference in bass if you weren't listening to music all that often.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks all,

I've DL'd pTunes and it does what I want, although I haven't quite figured out the automatic bookmarks... Gotta do a little more reading. But it's hard to justify the $$ they want just for that one feature I'm looking for. I'm also waiting on a response from Aeroplayer. No need to DL something that doesn't do what I need.

As far as the 2.5 plug... I went to Radio Shack and purchased one... I guess I do some "surgery" on my headset later this weekend.

David...