Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    the cinglar folks are gonna riot
    Nope. Already updated to ROW.

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    yes wtf !!!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Nope. Already updated to ROW.

do you have the link?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'm installing it now, I hope this turns out ok!! *bites nails*
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    the cinglar folks are gonna riot
    Darn straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum
    I'm installing it now, I hope this turns out ok!! *bites nails*
    Ugh... I feel your pain. When I see TWO hard resets and the "ease" of restoring all your data I shiver...
    I just got my Treo tonight and updated to 1.03 before I put anything else on there. Now if I could only activate it without having to call VZW for whatever reason....
    Done w/the update. It should have been more "user friendly." There are no superficial differences. Voice Dial (Voicesignal) needs to be reinstalled manually. And since I couldn't install Notepad via hotsync originally, it didn't get reinstalled w/the backup apps. I'll have to beam that over.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Hopefully shadowmite can use this ROM update to extract an image that we can customize...I'm eager to throw out crap like Realplayer and I don't need the Wireless sync stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by wingfan
    I just got my Treo tonight and updated to 1.03 before I put anything else on there. Now if I could only activate it without having to call VZW for whatever reason....
    I basically did the same exact thing, but boy am I thankful I bought Missing Sync for my Powerbook before doing any of this. That seriously is the BEST PalmOS software ever!
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingfan
    You should be able to dial *228, option 1 to activate.
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch
    Hopefully shadowmite can use this ROM update to extract an image that we can customize...I'm eager to throw out crap like Realplayer and I don't need the Wireless sync stuff...
    I took a big chance and used shadow's sprint rom on my vzw and its working fine. It wasn't a smooth install by any means and bluetooth isn't happy but who cares, this phone is getting replaced any day now. I did notice a huge improvement in my transfer rate though, 30kbps with vzw and now 90+kbps with the spcs rom. When i get my replacement i think i'll leave it virgin until shadow releases a vzw branded rom.
    I just did the update and it went smoothly. As far as I can tell, all my programs and data were restored when I did my final resync except my security password. It even looks like all of my registered programs were reinstalled with the registration intact. This is a big improvement to the way my 600 restored after a hard reset. While I was ready to have BackupMan restore everything, it doesn't look like I will have to use it.

Of course, the Shadowmite ROM with Bluetooth DUN is gone, so I will have to wait until he updates his custom ROM for the new VZW update. (Please, please....)

Now, I'll just have to see whether there is any difference in the way the phone behaves.
    Lnoble, when Sprint did their update, it included BT Dun; which meant it wasnt necessary to use Shadows patch. Are you saying that it is still disabled with Verizon?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I'm sorry, but is this suppose to improve reception, too?

Because if it doesn't I ain't bothering. PDA side I"m pretty happy.

But if it is, I can't wait. Because my reception is HORRIBLE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Lnoble, when Sprint did their update, it included BT Dun; which meant it wasnt necessary to use Shadows patch. Are you saying that it is still disabled with Verizon?
    Yep, BT DUN is still disabled in the new ROM update. I guess my expectations for VZW are pretty low since I wasn't surprised.

As far as reception goes, it seems the same, but I now have the triangle on the phone screen. I don't remember what it means (and will have to look it up), but I don't think it was there before the update.

My update: I remembered that the triangle means I'm roaming. I also realized the Verizon Wireless tag was gone. Since this ROM update was to allow the phone to hanlde roaming better (according to VZW) this struck me as really strange since I've never used roaming from my home before. I did the *228 #2 and updated my prl again (I programmmed the phone after the ROM update) and the triangle disappeared and the Verizon tag came back.
    Last edited by Lnoble; 07/19/2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Well... I did the ROM 1.03 Updater on my otherwise perfect VZW T650, & now I've got the dreaded continuous reset going. I even did a soft reset afterwards!!!

Any words of wisdom before I take it to the store Wednesday Morning??? TIA!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    After someone mentioned this in another thread, I realized that the phone is now missing the feature that asks me if I want to add a number to my contact list. It was there before the VZW update, but it is gone now. Anyone else notice this?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast