Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by karmictreo
    I am unable to get a successful programming of my phone. It says we are unable to program your phone at this time. Anyone else have this problem and have any idea how to fix it?
    I have gotten that a lot with Verizon on any phone I've ever had to do it with. Just do it again and it works (for me anyway).
  2. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karmictreo
    I am unable to get a successful programming of my phone. It says we are unable to program your phone at this time. Anyone else have this problem and have any idea how to fix it?
    I got this with mine too. I assumed it was because I was in a bad reception area. I walked to a place with a better signal and tried it again and it worked fine. Don't know if that's your issue, but it solved it for me.
    NM working tihs morning. The network must have been down or something.
    I regret doing the update. I was hoping it would help fix the memory in the phone as even when the phone says it has like 7 megs free it still can't run anything. Well now after the reset my reception is about half as good if that. I can hardly even talk on it inside any buildings let alone my house where I used to get 4 bars. Ugh, I wish I could get my 600 back for this pos 650
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This update didn't make any memory changes... the original 1.10 ROM already contains the memory optimization. Weird on the signal strength....no reason for it to get worse. To ask the obvious...you did go through the *228 process to get the latest PRL?
    yes I did and I think it's getting worse. I just did the update on saturday I believe. I can't even maintain a call for more than a minute.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I did not see any change. I am curious, though. Prior to the update my prl was 20335 and after the update it was 50???(cant remember). Once I did the *228 it went back to 20335. It seems cell phone people make a big deal about the prl but I don't know what is the significance? What does my prl mean? Kim
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Seems to me that Bluetooth is working better, but it could be my imagination. Otherwise, I haven't noticed any differences. And I had a heck of a time getting this to install. It kept crapping out and telling me I didn't have enough memory available, although I did. I finally had to add each file 1 by 1 and then it ran. But it was a good 3 hours!
  9. GXX
    Just updated last night, everything seems to be working just fine.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrand
    I did not see any change. I am curious, though. Prior to the update my prl was 20335 and after the update it was 50???(cant remember). Once I did the *228 it went back to 20335. It seems cell phone people make a big deal about the prl but I don't know what is the significance? What does my prl mean? Kim
    Kim,

A PRL is a code that is associated with a list of data about the towers that you can connect to. If you do not have current PRL downloaded to your phone, you may have signal issues because your phone may not be connecting to all available towers.
    Did the update last night, and it went without any hitches. I even did it with my SD card in--didn't have any effect on the process. The only differences are that the phone is more stable, and I get four bars in my house as opposed to only three. It may be that the hard reset took away any software conflicts.

Just another data point....
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble getting the 1.01 to 1.03 to load onto my Treo 650.

Here is the info on the update..
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/down...er/verizon.html

I believe I'm following everything as instructed..
    -hard reset
    -resync with new username
    -soft reset
    -run the 1.03 updater and sync when it asks and select the new username you just created
    ----this is where i get stuck it syncs but doesn't do the update. i'm at the step 1 of 2 in the 1.03 updater where it tells me to press the sync button on the cable.. it appears to do a quick sync but never installs the update.. the phone looks like its done with the sync.. it did the last step of cleaning up and thats it, never installs the update. so i click next on the 1.03 updater and it says it failed to install because i don't have 11mb of free space on the 650. BUT i have 21.8 of 22.4MB available so that can't be the problem.

I'm using Windows XP with SP2.
    My 650's battery is 100% charged with charger still connected to the hotsync cable.
    Hotsync 6.0.1

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by fareal; 07/28/2005 at 08:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Had to load each separate update file one by one onto the Treo in a separate sync. I think the folder was in my user folder where all my palm files are stored on my hard drive. Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    I had the same problem. Had to load each separate update file one by one onto the Treo in a separate sync. I think the folder was in my user folder where all my palm files are stored on my hard drive. Hope that helps.
    I found the 35 files I think you are referring to. So what did you do.. you put those in the Quick Install app that comes with Palm Desktop .. put them in all at the same time and then start the sync?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    No, I did them one by one. Each sync, only one file added.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    No, I did them one by one. Each sync, only one file added.
    Any particular order? Do you just do the prc's or the pdb's to? All 35 of these files? Some look like they are for different languages.. like DE, US, ES, FR, IT
    Last edited by fareal; 07/28/2005 at 08:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Update seems to be going ok now on a different computer.. odd though they are basically identical systems. Except this computer that its working on now was where I first sync'd up this Treo 650 the very first time after I bought it from Verizon.
    I've been reading through this thread all along and trying to decide whether to jump from 1.01. With all the mixed reports, I don't particularly feel like undertaking a potential time drain without a compelling reason. My reception and data work fine for me now.

Any bottom line thoughts on what I'm giving up if I give this a pass?
    I've been using 1.03 for the last month now and so far don't see any performance differences. Its as stable as 1.01 though.
    Gellmanb,

I'm with you. My phone is working fine now. Without marked improvement, it doesn't seem to be worth it. Nothing is as important to me as stability. It's even more important than the iffy reception that I have. If there is a consensus that some upgrade will improve it, I'll take the chance. Otherwise, I'm standing pat.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast