1.    #1  
    After trying so many crappy screen protectors, I finaly gave in and tried out Palm's Official Screen Protectors for Tungsten, Zire and Treo.

I started to cut the Treo screen stencil and then carefully placed the protector on the screen. Next thing you know ... it's on perfectly, no dust, no bubbles, no nothing. Perfect fit and it's pretty damn clear.

I'm spechless ... even with pulling it off carefully to redo it, it's looks just as good. < -- I just tested it to confirm it.

I use to use Fellows WriteRight, and those drove me nuts. They are so ****! It would take me hrs and hrs to get it perfect. Something also goes wrong. After a few weeks later, the top layer of anti glare start coming off and it just looks like **** again. (From the area of the screen where you mostly hit "OK" for apps) The plastic is way to ****in' think and the it's sticks way too hard on your screen, it even may damaged it or made it weaker from all the pulling and re-trying.

I've also tried this one screen protector from some brand that's made for the Treo, it's was **** also.

My lesson today, always get official products from Palm for yoru Treo. Even when it's come to cheap plastic to protect your screen. It's worth the price ... honestly.

Now let's hope Palm's verison of the anit glare won't rub off from everyday usage.
    Try the Boxwave. Saran wrap is great compared to the Fellows.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Ditto on the Boxwave. I have the anti glare model. No cutting on a stupid template like the ones from palm are required. Very durable.
    I have liked Boxwave's protector, but most recently purchased the screen protectors from Treocentral. I'm very happy with them. One nice thing these protectors have is a tab on the plastic cover which makes installation much easier and fingerprint free.

They are found here: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../15-43--28.htm
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Boxwave anit-glare here for about 3 months on 1. I would never go back to the official Palm screen protectors. I had bubble problems with them like many other people.
  6.    #6  
    I have to try the boxwave ...

If you use an ex-acto (sp) knife and a ruler, the templates on the Palm's are perfect. The fellowes were just messed up, no matter how perfect you cut them it was always abit off, b/c the grid the printed.
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL
    I have to try the boxwave ...

If you use an ex-acto (sp) knife and a ruler, the templates on the Palm's are perfect. The fellowes were just messed up, no matter how perfect you cut them it was always abit off, b/c the grid the printed.
    What a joke that we have to cut them out ourselves. I use the g2 things myself. All these protectectors are dirt cheap plastic. The markup on all these protectors is way high. How hard would it have been for palm to make some that were cut to size? They could have it done in China for a penny or less...to cut it down to size. The treos are what made palm profitable this quarter. The least they could do is give you the right size...
    Last edited by southbound747; 07/20/2005 at 11:57 AM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    what a joke that we have to cut them out ourselves. i use the g2 things myself. all these protectectos are dirt cheap plastic. the markup on all these protectors is way high. how hard would it have been for palm to make some that were cut to size? they could have it down in china for a penny or less...to cut it down to size. the treos are what made palm profitable this quarter. the least they could do is give you the right size...

yeah the mark ups are insane. I got these ones at cost, and yet still a massive mark up profit from the retailers.
    I also use the G2s and have had the current one on for close to a year. I have removed it several times, washed it, and put it back on. Works great.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover