1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

been a lurker for a while, tons of information on this site!! It's a little overwhelming for a new first time Treo owner (have an old Visor Handspring Prism).

So where should I start with this Treo? Any tips or *must have* apps I should look at? The consensus here seems to be Zlauncher, Treoguard, missing sync - Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum
    Hi guys,

been a lurker for a while, tons of information on this site!! It's a little overwhelming for a new first time Treo owner (have an old Visor Handspring Prism).

So where should I start with this Treo? Any tips or *must have* apps I should look at? The consensus here seems to be Zlauncher, Treoguard, missing sync - Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks for the info!
    Surf www.palmgear.com you'll find what you need.

Must have Apps

Butler (Shareware)
    Chime (Freeware)
    Converter (Freeware)
    Datebk5 (Shareware)
    Diddlebug (Freeware)
    Documentstogo (shareware)
    Filez (freeware)
    Graffiti Anywhere (Freeware)
    Handyshooper (Freeware)
    IconMgr (Freeware)
    iSilo (Shareware)
    Pilotpaint (shareware)
    PkQuicken (shareware)
    Ps Memo (Freeware)
    Switch5 (Freeware)
    Shourtcut5 (Freeware)
    Snapcalc5 (Freeware)
    TakePhone (Shareware)
    Treoguard (Shareware)
    Volumecare (shareware)
    ZLauncher (Shareware)
    AutoDimmer (Freeware)

Enjoy!
    And if you use Docs to Go, do not forget this tool:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the info!

DO NOT SYNC TO YOUR OLD USER ID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

START FRESH with a new user id and copy or beam your PIM info over. The 650 does not like old clutter brought forward from a prior device!!! Then install any third party apps, you might want to carry forward, from scratch to the Treo 650.

(Trust me.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/19/2005 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    And if you use Docs to Go, do not forget this tool:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry
    Great tip Perry!! My RAM went from 6MB to 9MB, Thanks!!
    Best kept secret in Treo land!!

I recycle the thread every 30 days, usually pick up some new customers!
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the info!
    First and formost, a reliable backup program.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the info!
    If you don't have the a data plan you can start with... watching your minutes at vzw.com .. make sure your phone isn't staying connected after sending pix messages or using wireless sync and who knows what else. Or you can just download Battery Doctor which you can set to automatically disconnect your data connection after the screen turns off. Or if you do have the unlimited data plan you still gotta be careful.. sometimes they set it up incorrectly and when you're connected to the data network you'll still be billed airtime.
  9.    #9  
    I do not have the data plan with the phone, I cannot afford that right now, but I plan to get it in the future. Right now I'm using it primarily as PDA/phone function. I will have to keep an eye on the data signal on the main phone screen, now I'm scared that the phone might switch into data mode. Is there any surefire way to shut that on/off? I may do some picture messaging in the near future.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Download and install Battery Doctor ..and set it to disconnect data network when screen turns off. And like you said just keep an eye on the data connection icon and vzw.com for your minutes. Don't be too worried.. VZW is usually really good about crediting you if something odd happens.. just be aware.
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the info!
    Fully charge the battery. Everyone forgets to mention this.