Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have DateBk5 ver 5.4 on SprintPCS CDMA 650 and I can't get the vibrate with or without DateBk5 handling the alarm. Where did you fine the s5 subversion on your DB5 ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    From the place to be for Datebk users:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pimlicodatebk/

Even s4 versions worked fine for me. I know because I normally leave the sound off at home (my doggie doesn't like most sounds from the Treo !!)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    aprasad-

Thanks for the pointer to the DB5 update. I have installed it. Doesn't look like much has changed since the 5.4 release that I had. In looking through the alarm settings, I have found that DB5 can be set to vibrate for ALL alarms reguardless of the switch position. This is better than no vibrate at all but isn't quite what JohnR and I were looking for as it will still vibrate with sounds on. The 5.4 version also worked (I had missed the vib option in the alarm settings).

Based on a conversation I had with Jeff Gibson last night, it looks as though the standard Palm todo list does not generate a regular calendar alarm but rather a system alarm. The system alarm does not support vibrate.

With DB5 handling the alarms, you can get the vibrate for all of it's alarms but as I said above, that pays no attention to the mute switch position.

Thanks for straightening me out on this.

John-

DateBk5 is an app that I consider a must have as it makes the Palm calendar/tasks apps useable and greatly extends the feature set. There are many features missing from from the Palm apps as you are noticing. I can now confirm that DB5 will infact vibrate for task alarms if the option is selected. It WILL vibrate with sounds on as well.

I agree that we shouldn't need third party software for some of these things. Palm has taken a few steps backwards in a few areas. Luckily there is a wonderful community of developers here to help resolve these issues and improve the feature set and useability of our devices.

Here are a few apps that I think are worth having:

DateBk5 - Pimlico software
    2Day - ShSh (Works well with DB5)
    TakePhone - ShSh
    ProfileCare - GoTreo Software
    ZLauncher - ZZTechs

None of the above are free but all can be trialed for free and with this set of software the Treo can be made to conform to your needs.

Hope this helps.

-X
    Last edited by Xathros; 07/22/2005 at 06:57 AM.
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    I always preferred to hae the Treo vibrate under all circumstances, so I was unaware of this issue.

Datebk5 is certainly a nice program. CESD is working on the next version which should be even better...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Is there a way to set alarms only for appointments and meetings but not for tasks on the Treo 650? I'm using Outlook and am happy to have task reminders in my laptop but don't want them on the Treo. I DO, however, want alarms for meetings and appointments. But it doesn't seem possible to have alarms on the PC and to synch the appointment and meeting alarms but not synch the task alarms.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Any program that sends its sounds to the Alarm or System sound channel must manage vibrate alerts on its own. These sound channels have NO pre-programmed vibrate option. I will create a program that will allow you to add vibrate alerts to any application that produces alerts. Give me a few days.

Jeff
    Jeff:
    Will this be a new purchase or part of profileCare? I am having this same issue with ProfileCare.

dave
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    Jeff:
    Will this be a new purchase or part of profileCare? I am having this same issue with ProfileCare.

dave
    This will be a new application offering from GoTreo Software.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Jeff, I see your post a few weeks ago about an application to provide Task alarm vibrate functionality. I checked your site and don't see that application - am I missing it, or has it not yet been released?

Thanks,

Matt Streger
    I'd also like to buy this hypothetical application... any updates?
    John,

You mentioned trying TMP initially.. I'm glad to report that the next update to TMP will happily vibrate the Treo for task alarms as well as calendar events.

A couple of users had let me know that vibration wasn't working with TMP so I was aware of it, but seeing your post was the final 'kick' I needed to look into and fix the problem. I'm expecting to release v.1.17 by the end of this month, in case you're interested in re-considering TMP.

As far as your question to others about the Tasks app on their device, I can confirm that on my recently-acquired (at last!) Treo 650 from Bell, the built-in Tasks app does not vibrate on task alarms. I noticed that it lists only the system alarm sounds, just like the earlier versions of TMP, and not the Treo tones so I can surmise - possibly incorrectly - that it is using the standard sound manager API and not the Treo tones library API to sound alarms.

Best regards,
    Simon
    www.lilredspider.com
    Last edited by SAkp; 01/15/2006 at 11:31 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12