Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any good luck with Seidio products?

I seem to have nothihg but problems with every product I have bought from them.
    I have gone through 2 retractable headsets, both failed after only a few weeks (broken wire at the connector that plugs into the treo.)
    $100 treo 600 car cradle speakerphone. Half the time get either an echo that
    the other party can't handle and or a high pitch squeel when a call connects.
    now a moot point as I have upgraded to a treo 650 and can't use the cradle anyway.
    next about three weeks ago bought the retractable sync'n'charge cable and
    now the retract function won't lock so it wants to retract all the time. I assume that with the cable under tension all the time it's days are limited before a wire brakes and it stops working altogeher.

I love the products when they worked but I think they should last more the a month??
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have had some success in getting replacements from seidio. Since they are under manufacture warrenty. But everything I have purchased from them has broke or failed as well for me.
    I am very sorry that you have encountered problems with our products. It seems like you may have gotten the older version of some items because we have updated our products and have improved upon them immensely. If you don't mind, would you please send an email to rma@seidioonline.com? I am very sure that our customer service and returns department would be more than happy to work with you.
    Seidio, a crap replacement is still a crap. And cutomers still have to experience the frustration, wait, and pay shipping.

You have a nice niche. But if you guys don't do anything drastic and quick, this kind of bad press will kill you very soon.
    No problem with my Sync 'n Charge, or the other 5 we ordered about 5 months ago.
    I try to find sources other than Seidio due to the quality issues I've experienced. Often times though, it's the same piece of crap with a different brand on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I try to find sources other than Seidio due to the quality issues I've experienced. Often times though, it's the same piece of crap with a different brand on it.
    Seidio started using the new coonector for Treo 650 about 3 months ago, since then, very few problem is reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio started using the new coonector for Treo 650 about 3 months ago, since then, very few problem is reported.
    Why are you quoting my post and referring to a 650 connector? I make no reference to a 650 accessory in any way.
    I purchased my first Seidio product ever (INNODock Cradle). Very nice, but it doesn't work. The audio out does not play and disables my USB connection when I plug in an external speaker! I've emailed for a RMA to get a replacement and have never heard from them! Not sure I'll ever buy another one of their cool products!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I purchased my first Seidio product ever (INNODock Cradle). Very nice, but it doesn't work. The audio out does not play and disables my USB connection when I plug in an external speaker! I've emailed for a RMA to get a replacement and have never heard from them! Not sure I'll ever buy another one of their cool products!
    I am very sorry you encountered a problem with our INNO.Dock. It is a very new item and we have had alot of positive feedback. Your feedback was just as important, though. I believe that the RMA Department just got your RMA Request yesterday and I am very confident that you will get a response either later today or tomorrow morning. However, if there's anything else you need, please email them at rma@seidioonline.com.
    I have 2 Seidio products. They are both GARBAGE. One is the the G2100M mobile cradle. It stinks. It is very intermittent in it's operation. I posted my experience on this board some time ago. Mr. Chang promised he would solve my problem for me. I received ONE email from him. He would not respond to any other subsequent emails. So, don't hold your breath that he will help you. His promises to me were empty ones.

I also have one of the retractable (ha) headphone adapters. I worked, maybe, twice. Now it will not stay extended. The retractable mechanism doesn't work at all. Another POS from our friends at Seidio.

I sure hope some other company comes out with some GOOD QUALITY accessories. Seidio is NOT one of them.
    To be honest with you, I'm surprised anyone is still buying their products. I've got a thread out there somewhere that goes into detail about the issues I (and others) ran into with them on one of their first 2 in 1 headsets over a year ago - not only did it involve a poor quality product, but also shady business practices. The few items I bought from Seidio broke within the first year. Although they monitor Treocentral and post apologies regularly, they are a very poor quality hardware retailer. Avoid their products if at all possible.
    Only own their products for a few months, but as far as I can tell there isn't really a better supplier around. Which to me means that for the pricepoint they are selling at, this is about the best you can expect for a niche market such as Treo specific accessoires. And with the exception of their 2-in-1 headphone I must say I'm rather satisfied with the stuff I've bought from them so far. They offer me a choice I wouldn't have otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    To be honest with you, I'm surprised anyone is still buying their products. I've got a thread out there somewhere that goes into detail about the issues I (and others) ran into with them on one of their first 2 in 1 headsets over a year ago - not only did it involve a poor quality product, but also shady business practices. The few items I bought from Seidio broke within the first year. Although they monitor Treocentral and post apologies regularly, they are a very poor quality hardware retailer. Avoid their products if at all possible.
    Yup, when you buy Seidio, you might as well be buying disposable. Next time my girlfriend goes over to China for factory inspections of her company's purchasing shops, I'm gonna get her to find out who is making this crap.
    I bought the Seidio INNODock Cradle a few weeks ago and have yet to have a problem. I love the thing actually. Syncs everytime, headphone jack works great. Sorry you guys are having problems with your stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    I bought the Seidio INNODock Cradle a few weeks ago and have yet to have a problem. I love the thing actually. Syncs everytime, headphone jack works great. Sorry you guys are having problems with your stuff.
    Have to agree. The cradle works, well, like a cradle should. Hotsync button is conveniently placed, takes up almost NO desk geography (less than using a cable and leaving your Treo on its back) and is pleasant to look at. I'm also currently testing their new high end 2 in 1 retractable earbuds headset for the Treo 650. First impression: WOW! I'll post a complete review on it in a few days...
    David
    Sounds to me like Seidio makes a lotta crap products.

I DO WANT TO MENTION THAT YOU SHOULDN'T GET RETRACTABLE POWER CABLES FORM ANYBODY....THE WIRES ARE JUST TOO THIN FOR POWER PURPOSES. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET ONE, ONLY USE IT FOR TRAVELING PURPOSES...NOT AS YOUR EVERYDAY CHARGER.

I'm only interested in the 2-in-1 stuff from Seidio, though....

The earbuds prolly suck, no?? So, I should just get the adapter?

Are the retractable cords for audio purposes any good? The seem like they wouldn't wear out as easily as the regular ones....but, I'm still a little iffy.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Sounds to me like Seidio makes a lotta crap products.

I'm only interested in the 2-in-1 stuff from Seidio, though....

The earbuds prolly suck, no?? So, I should just get the adapter?

Are the retractable cords for audio purposes any good? The seem like they wouldn't wear out as easily as the regular ones....but, I'm still a little iffy.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    The earbuds are pretty impressive for, well, earbuds. I had the opportunity to listen to both the "old" and the new versions of this headset. Night and day. Much more dynamic in highs and lows response than any other not-too-expensive ones I've come across so far. The retractable cords are great for reducing clutter and the mechanism that controls it works well. The cords themselves are the standard diameter I've seen in other retractables. It's neat to be sitting at my desk listening to music, have a call come in, and answer the phone without an A-B switch - same set of buds. What I've been doing is using the adapter on the back of the cradle. Though the button on the console to answer the phone doesn't function while using the cradle (expected), you can manually answer the phone and the sound automatically redirects to the buds - no external sounds except for the initial ring. And, at the same time, I'm still charging the phone - which the cradle seems to do at least as quickly as a standard USB cable. So far, I've been very impressed. Will let you know more as the days pass.
    David
    Does SEIDIO make any! quality products??

An income statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Does SEIDIO make any! quality products??

An income statement.
    That is (obviously) a subjective question. People are much more likely to post complaints than praises. How many people are HAPPY with their purchased Seidio products?
    David
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast