Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am now on my fourth Seidio 2-in-1 headset headphone. The quality is terrible and it seems that the sound on the most recent replacement is even worse. Does anyone know of any other brand that makes a good 2-in-1 devise.
    -Thanks
    Looking at their adapters. Is it just the retractable cable that is wearing out or the actual adapter that quits working?
    I would like to add my input on this. Today my SECOND seidio 2 in 1 retractable headset broke. Same exact problem. Sound only from one ear and it cracks and scratches when moved. Somethings wrong with the connection in the wire that connects into the microphone. First one lasted 1 month. This one lasted 3. My headset is out of warrenty now so im SOL.

Will some other brand PLEASE step up and make a quality 2 in 1 retractable headset!?
    I have the regular two in one headset not the retractable, after having it for maybe a month or so the connection at the plug broke....

So I called Seidio and they refused to help me out since I didn't buy it directly from them.

At that point I refused to purchase another Seidio product.

I feel that REGARDLESS of WHO I purchased it from I SHOULD have a standard warranty period POINT BLANK. It was purchased NEW in the package so it should have manufacturers warranty.

I ended up going down to radio shack and purchasing a new connector, and rewiring and modifying the connectors case to fit properly in the badly placed headphone connection on the treo.

So, Seidio.... I WOULD have purchased a few more of your products had you treated me with some respect as a consumer. If you disrespect your customers (as this thread shows) they will add up and your business will detereorate accordingly (as we are seeing in this thread).

T
    Wow, thanks for the heads-up everyone. I was thinking of getting one of the docks, but after all these horror stories it sounds like it's time to move on.

Seidio,
    For the Treo 600 I went through three retractable sync/charge cables: Each one broke, but luckily TreoCentral replaced each one for me. For the Treo 650, the SYnc N' Charge retractable cable has now broken as well: There is a break in the wire somewhere near the connector to the Treo. TreoCentral told me that I'm out of warranty. I will not buy another one of these cables; they should not be disposable. Can you not make a quality product?! Stop using plastic! Use aluminum, for instance and thicker, quality cable. It will weigh more, but it will last and it will be dependable. We'd all be willing to pay more to have a product that we can depend on. Until that time, we will no longer buy your products. And, to what ever apsiring entrepeneurs are reading this, if you feel like making some money, please take up this call and make a quality set of accessories for the Treo. Seidio has good ideas, but their execution sucks. So, just take a look at their product line and then copy it, but use quality materials and construction.

Thank you.
    Have had an INNODock on order from expansys in the UK for 2+ weeks now (still not in stock!). Given this thread, I'm awaiting its delivery with mixed feelings. When/if it arrives, I'll post some feedback based on the first couple of weeks use......
    Based on the posting earlier in this thread from Seidioseidio, that the retract issue had been resolved on their S&C cable, I ordered one from Treocentral Store. It arrived yesterday. The retract is terrible! You only have to look at it sideways and it snaps back.

This morning I called Seidio, and no surprise to the readers of this thread, Seidio wasn't interested in helping me. They said that Treocentral didn't have any of the new style cords, but that I'd have to deal with them to get a replacement. They want me to get a replacement of the old defunct style with a another old defunct style? Customer Service 101 teaches that you should not replace a defective product with another known defective example of the product. That should be obvious to anybody who stops to think about it.

So I called Treocentral. They insist that they have the "new" style and that is what they are shipping. They also stated that some of the "new" style units also exhibit problems with the retract. Hmmm, seems like a little finger pointing going on here.

They'll ship me another unit for free. When I asked what happens if I get another defective new style I was told they'll keep shipping them until a good one arrives.

(Side note to Treocentral Store: An additional lesson covered in Customer Service 101: If a product you are shipping is known to have a defect problem, and a customer calls for a replacement, it's a good idea to test the replacement, if possible, before sending it to the customer.)

Jim
    Well, to shift the focus a little bit here, I just got my Sedio Clip-style holster for my T650, and I really, REALLY like it.

Perhaps purely mechanical items can be made correctly...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCorison
    Based on the posting earlier in this thread from Seidioseidio, that the retract issue had been resolved on their S&C cable, I ordered one from Treocentral Store. It arrived yesterday. The retract is terrible! You only have to look at it sideways and it snaps back.

This morning I called Seidio, and no surprise to the readers of this thread, Seidio wasn't interested in helping me. They said that Treocentral didn't have any of the new style cords, but that I'd have to deal with them to get a replacement. They want me to get a replacement of the old defunct style with a another old defunct style? Customer Service 101 teaches that you should not replace a defective product with another known defective example of the product. That should be obvious to anybody who stops to think about it.

So I called Treocentral. They insist that they have the "new" style and that is what they are shipping. They also stated that some of the "new" style units also exhibit problems with the retract. Hmmm, seems like a little finger pointing going on here.

They'll ship me another unit for free. When I asked what happens if I get another defective new style I was told they'll keep shipping them until a good one arrives.

(Side note to Treocentral Store: An additional lesson covered in Customer Service 101: If a product you are shipping is known to have a defect problem, and a customer calls for a replacement, it's a good idea to test the replacement, if possible, before sending it to the customer.)

Jim
    Hi Jim

This is David Chang, Product Marketing Manager for Seidio. Treocentral is always carrying our latest products. I believe the problematic cable you have is an isolated case. Replacement from Treocentral should be fine. We have shipped many of those cables since March this year, the return rate is quite small.

If you have any problem with the replacement, please send me an email.
    dsc@seidio.com.

David chang
    Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Treocentral is always carrying our latest products.
    David,

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps this is an educational opportunity for your customer support staff. I called at 9:05 pacific time this morning (Tuesday, 9/27). Whichever support rep I spoke to stated that Treocentral didn't have the more current version. Whether this was ignorance on his part, or an excuse to avoid dealing with a problem, I don't know.

Regardless, the issue could have been handled better. Perhaps along the lines of "We're sorry you had a problem. Treocentral is carrying the newest version of our cable. The problem must have been an isolated failure. Please call Treocentral to arrange for a replacement. If you have any problems in dealing with Treocentral, please do not hesitate to call us back."

This still places the responsibility for the replacement on Treocentral, but it leaves the customer feeling like Seidio cares about the problem and will work with them to resolve it.

I look forward to receiving the new cable, which Treocentral is shipping out via 3 day air (original order was ground) for no charge. If the retract is good I'll be very happy. The plug at the Treo end of the cord is great. It is everything the original Palm1 cord should have been but isn't.

Cheers,
    Jim
    I am very disappointed with Seidio's products. I purchased the retractable headset and had to have it replaced twice. The third time, they told me it was out of warranty. I thought if I purchased the 2 in 1 Retractable Adapter Headset and used my I-Pod headset, it might work better. It did, but only for a couple of months. Now, I can only get a mono signal out of the adapter and just requested an RMA. I also had problems with the retractator not locking in reliably.
    I don't see why it is so difficult to engineer a stereo microphone adapter. To be fair, my Treo 650 has had similar problems with its headset jack, too.
    I own Innodock from Seidio. I am very pleased with the quality and the performance. Now, I do not have to remove my skin case to do the sync. It syncs every time.

I also own the other accessories from Seidio like stylus, car charger, travel charger , retractable headset and GPS in the box. It all work well.
    We’d like to take this chance to thank all who have taken the time to provide feedback about our company and our products. Without your responses, we would be shooting in the dark.

Seidio does everything in its power to make every customer’s experience a positive one. Every company goes through growing pains, just like almost every piece of software goes through revisions. The end result is always a stronger product.

Today’s Seidio has the experience, the drive, and the ability to address the needs of our customers.

With our retractable offerings, as well as our other products, we are constantly taking into consideration everything that’s been posted and emailed into account to develop better equipment for you.

Our goal is to become your first choice for Smartphone, iPod, PDA, and GPS accessories. We are constantly in both a development and refinement process.

Do we want to make sure that customer’s complaints and issues are dealt with in a prompt, courteous, and satisfying manner? Yes. Do we welcome and eagerly anticipate your feedback and desires for current and future products? Again, a most resounding “Yes”!

If you have been less than satisfied with our responsiveness to your needs in the past, we wholeheartedly apologize.

Seidio is here for the long run. We will be the first company to develop products for the Treo as it continues to evolve.

We welcome any and all public and/or private responses to this posting. Thanks to all of our existing customers and a hearty welcome to the acquaintances we look forward to making!
    I like most of the products from Seidio. For my Treo 600 , Seidio offers reliable INNOdock cradle charge and Syc well. A leather case secure and durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by earlene
    I like most of the products from Seidio. For my Treo 600 , Seidio offers reliable INNOdock cradle charge and Syc well. A leather case secure and durable.
    Thank you Earlene for your vote of confidence!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    Well, to shift the focus a little bit here, I just got my Sedio Clip-style holster for my T650, and I really, REALLY like it.

Perhaps purely mechanical items can be made correctly...

-Warr
    I suspect that wernst hit the nail on the head. My first Seidio purchase was the retractable S&C USB cable from the TC store. This one had a yellow disc in the middle with no real logo; just said "retractable sync 'n' charge" in plain text. It stopped syncing after a month and would only charge if held in place. I e-mailed the TC store and they immediately sent out a replacement. The 2nd one had a black disc with the Seidio logo instead of the yellow one and lasted almost 3 months before having the same problem. Didn't bother getting a replacement.

Against my better judgment, I got the shield holster about a month ago. I love it. I read reports that the clip on earlier versions would scuff the top of the Treo, but mine shows no wear whatsoever, and it's obvious the clip has been molded to avoid that (very smooth & rounded). Despite various abuses, the Treo has only popped out once, and that was when I had it loosely clipped to my jeans pocket while vaulting over a rail at RFK Stadium and landing (on my feet) on concrete after about a 7-foot drop. Between the combination of centrifugal force from swinging over the rail and the impact of landing, I shouldn't really have expected any case to hold it securely. My Innopocket aluminum case (which I also love) has been dismounted from far less.

In other words, I'll stay away from their electronic products (esp. retractable ones) and stick with the mechanical stuff.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    I suspect that wernst hit the nail on the head. My first Seidio purchase was the retractable S&C USB cable from the TC store. This one had a yellow disc in the middle with no real logo; just said "retractable sync 'n' charge" in plain text. It stopped syncing after a month and would only charge if held in place. I e-mailed the TC store and they immediately sent out a replacement. The 2nd one had a black disc with the Seidio logo instead of the yellow one and lasted almost 3 months before having the same problem. Didn't bother getting a replacement.

Against my better judgment, I got the shield holster about a month ago. I love it. I read reports that the clip on earlier versions would scuff the top of the Treo, but mine shows no wear whatsoever, and it's obvious the clip has been molded to avoid that (very smooth & rounded). Despite various abuses, the Treo has only popped out once, and that was when I had it loosely clipped to my jeans pocket while vaulting over a rail at RFK Stadium and landing (on my feet) on concrete after about a 7-foot drop. Between the combination of centrifugal force from swinging over the rail and the impact of landing, I shouldn't really have expected any case to hold it securely. My Innopocket aluminum case (which I also love) has been dismounted from far less.

In other words, I'll stay away from their electronic products (esp. retractable ones) and stick with the mechanical stuff.
    Thanks for the kind words regarding our holster - it is one of our biggest sellers. The retractable cable, as I'm sure you know, has inherent problems. With each new generation of retractables, we've made progress in making the both the cable and the retractable plastic piece more resilient items. From what I've read, every manufacturer that produces retractable items has had problems with their longevity. Our current generation is a much stronger model than preceding ones. We are always in a development phase; when products don't work as advertised or expected, we do our best to make things right with the customer while taking the identified problem to heart and releasing it to our development team for the appropriate fixes.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    You know just how bad a company's products and customer service are when they have to defend themselves on these boards. That's just pathetic.

We love our Treo's, but many of us have to deal with the inherent flaws and problems that naturally come with such technology. We certainly don't have to deal with a low rate company like Seidio. There are too many other options to give Seidio any consideration whatsoever:

Treocentral, Treonauts, Newegg, and even Amazon.
    Why on earth are Seidio reps defending their products on here and doing nothing to address our complaints individually?

I would LOVE a new 2 in 1 headset that works, that's ALL I wanted in the first place.

Instead of making statements of how this forum will help product development....
    And ONLY replying to those who praise your products,
    Why not address each issue accordingly and replace our stuff with WORKING units?

Money talks, and I'm out $35 for this headset!
    (BTW, it was my second one that went bad)

Send me a new 2 in 1 and maybe you'll gain some points, but don't use me as a guinea pig to test your products so they can be enhanced from the problems *I* experience with them.

T
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast